SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    There was no show like Miami Vice
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There was no show like Miami Vice Login/Join 
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I'm currently rewatching every episode of Magnum, P.I. Miami Vice is next. You should see the number of guest stars in that show too. I'm up to season 6 now, and last night Magnum nabbed Alan Hale, Jr. (the skipper from Gilligan's Island). I'm actually an extra in several early
Magnum episodes. I grew up in Hawaii and my mom would take us to various extra calls when they needed a crowd of people

I wore a bright yellow jacket with linen pants and neon under shirt to my 8th grade prom because of Miami vice. I still want a damn Bren Ten

For me, when I hear "in the air tonight", I see tubbs in the boat and crocket jumping in and confronting him

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Too unrealistic for me. I passed.....

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Growing up in Miami, it was a staple in the house. One of my all-time favorites.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
I liked the early shows, but they had some glaring nonsense in them. That silliness about having an alligator chained on the deck of the boat got old in a hurry. Also the portrayal of Switek and Zito as a couple of stumble bums who couldn't do anything right. At one point, Crockett refers to them as Tweedledum and Tweedledummer, IIRC. In the later shows, their characters were much better developed.

One thing about the first year or two: as shapely female detectives walked through the office, their progress was recorded by a "butt level" camera. Very interesting to the male eye.

One other note: I always wondered why Gregory Sierra left the show. IIRC, he left Barney Miller also. Just curious if he was difficult to work with or if he just found his TV roles too limiting.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2078 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in those days, it got to be easy spotting the Narcs on the street.

They dressed like Don Johnson.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
n.c.i.s. miami did very well,
but I always wonder how it would have done w/o m.v.
before it

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
I never did develop a taste for it.

Me either, and I love most types of cheese.

Too much horrible, truly horrible 80s Miami fashion doesn't help.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Liked Little Miss Dangerous.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it way back then, and it was no more unrealistic than NCIS, which in real life has no super computers or techs to run them.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1858 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Sooo many killer episodes that are every bit as good today. Sure the aesthetic is cartoonish but the stories hold up wonderfully.

El Viejo. Awesome
Smugglers Blues
Down For The Count
Heart of darkness
Glades. "Maybe you won't even twitch". Delivered perfectly. Awesome line.
Honestly way more good then bad. The music, the gray characters, the silence, the believable comraderie. Yes the aesthetic is cartoonish today but there are many first rate stories and I would argue Vice was the first of the well produced, well acted, well scripted TV shows.

I think my favorite was "Milk Run", about the two young guys who thought they could make a bundle off of one smuggling run.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post