SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    There was no show like Miami Vice
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There was no show like Miami Vice Login/Join 
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted
Wow! I just flat don't remember ALL these stars being on Vice...

Enjoy...

YouTube: Miami Vice Guest Stars Before They Were Famous (and famous guests from the world of music)

James in Denver

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Not to mention the Bren 10

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Ah great video, thanks for posting it. Loved Miami Vice, still do and watch a couple episodes a month at least when i want some brain candy to relax.

Something about the look and feel of South Florida before everything became commercialized and touristy. The show settings and that 80's feel just brings me back the many summers I spent down there as a kid.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GASIGnut
posted Hide Post
Definitely on the top of the list of best tv series. In those days, how could you not be a fan of Crockett & Tubbs. The cars, the drama

~ take advantage of today, & have no regrets
Carry On

Posts: 339 | Location: Apalachicola, FL | Registered: September 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Prolly the most remembered show from my early adult life. Ground breaking in its inclusion of current music into the dialog.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Loved the actors, the music, the cars and the guns.

I loved watching it on Friday evenings in the mid-late 80's.

Bren 10, S & W 645. Oh yeah!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
I was just reminiscing, great show but I just don't remember all those stars, but then again, many were not stars yet.

Cool show none-the-less.

James in Denver

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Good stuff. I'll still watch episodes from the first 3 seasons. The last two seasons are just not the same quality.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Some surprises in that video, for sure.....

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I never did develop a taste for it.

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a cop when the show was on and it amazed me that quite a few coworkers began to dress like Don Johnson, including the Jackass rig!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/OgLGrnImXC8

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Great video...loved that show! I dont remember seeing any of those actors but I do remember seeing Little Richard (brief cameo in opening scene as I recall) and the Ted Nugent (played a drug dealer...surprise) and Phil Collins (played a game show host con artist) episodes.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
"Out Where the Buses Don't Run." My fav.

They had some the best writers on the planet, and at at time when they had a huge budget for such things.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I was a cop when the show was on and it amazed me that quite a few coworkers began to dress like Don Johnson, including the Jackass rig!

not a cop, but I had a Jackass rig for a few years,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Chicks, cars, guns!

Smugglers Blues - from one of the episodes.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcxBWbyDjIg

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
It was OK, but I was not a real fan of it. Always marveled at the neon colors in it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I liked the first season after that not so much.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sargespd
posted Hide Post
Groundbreaking TV. The integration of popular music in the plot and cinematography was cool. Whenever I hear "In the air tonight", I still see Don Johnson driving in the rain through Miami.

I shave with Occam's razor

Posts: 3654 | Location: Springdale (Cincinnati) Ohio USA | Registered: January 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the entire series and watch it every 2 years from start to finish.....I love it....and being a kid in Fort Lauderdale in the late 70's and 80's, the show wasn't very far from the truth.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post