SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Porsche experts on the board? (996 circa ~1998/1999)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Porsche experts on the board? (996 circa ~1998/1999) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I think you made the right choice. There are plenty of other options out there to choose from when it comes to Porsches. It's a good thing you didn't take it for a ride though, as I'm sure you would have been hooked! I test drove a Boxster about 20 years ago. I will own a Porsche one day! Preferably a 964, but I'd take any 911 variant. I may even entertain a 914-6...

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
What specific question do you have? One of my friends in LA is Magnus Walker.

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, Magnus is a legend. He would definitely be a resource!

Tony

Posts: 312 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

HOLY Smokes! My only question is, Would you ask your friend to find me a nice used 911? Smile

Posts: 11379 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I will give him a shout next week.

He splits his time between LA and NYC - not sure where is is right now.

I will ask about a 996 in either 98 or 99 vintage

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

I had never heard of him, but we watched the 30 minute documentary, Urban Outlaw and thought it was great. He builds some fantastic Porsches. Interesting guy and story.

Posts: 13253 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
R0gue,

I hope you find what you want.

I purchased a 2010 911 Carrera 2 in December. It was a 1 owner car with 35k on the odometer. Picked it up from Porsche of Tampa with the 2 year CPO warranty. I did a ton of research. I like the 996s too especially for their price point.

I would highly recommend joining PCA and looking at the Marketplace. You can join as a future Porsche owner. Rennlist is also amazing for research and their for sale section is really good. I 100% agree with the Pre Purchase Inspection recommendations.

Have you driven the 911? It will change your life. Smile

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Great advice regarding PCA. I sold both of my P cars in the Marketplace.

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good thread bump and slight thread drift if I may.

Looking for similar info on a 2013 911 Carrera S. Certified from a dealer with about 9000 miles on it. Manual transmission. Dealer is asking $80K.

I've been looking for a 911 for a couple of years now, haven't been able to find one in blue with a manual in good enough condition at the right price yet. This one is black so I'm bending a little on my color preference since blue ones are so hard to find.

I almost bought a left over 2016 Cayman back in 2018 but waited too long and it sold. Last year of the flat 6 in the Cayman with a manual and the light blue. Prob should have bought it. Went to NC to drive a blue 2018 911 last year and it just wasn't in good enough shape for the miles it had on it. Also had some paint work that needed to be done and that turned me off to it.

So I've been searching all over the country for a manual trans Porsche and they are just hard to find. If any of you have ordered one and can share how that experience went I would appreciate that info as well.

Thanks and my apologies to rOgue for the drift.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post