SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chemical Weapons In Syria
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chemical Weapons In Syria Login/Join 
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted
Another case of chemical weapons used on civilians.

And the consensus seems to be that Assad is behind it.

Does anyone have any proof that he is behind it?

Why ignore the possibility/probability that ISIS or one of their affiliated groups are behind it.

It would further convince the world that Assad "did it again", and should be treated as a war criminal.

I have seen, nor heard any evidence of who was behind this latest attack.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
the chemicals were definitely in the county i think they came in from iraq when saddam hussein dumped it on them when we said months in advance we were going to invade his country

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Trooperdan
posted Hide Post
This was an aerial attack. I do not believe the rebels have an air force.

Posts: 946 | Location: Raeford NC | Registered: April 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Looks like Trump acted with a cruise missile launch against Syria. News is reporting 50 missiles launched in a limited strike, that seems like a lot.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Somebody knows where the redline is!

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't see that happening.

Posts: 744 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
I have not seen or heard anything about what chemical exactly they are referring to. Anyone? If we're talking VX vs HCl there's a big difference. What was used in this attack?

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
CNBC is reporting 59 tomahawks launched - link

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23100 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
I have not seen or heard anything about what chemical exactly they are referring to. Anyone? If we're talking VX vs HCl there's a big difference. What was used in this attack?

Sarin I believe.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:

One report I saw mentioned sarin. Some of the victims I saw on TV resembled injuries received by some sort of blistering agent. Mustard maybe?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I just hope our troops on the ground in Syria get out of there fast

Posts: 1400 | Location: Butte, Mont. | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
CNBC is reporting 59 tomahawks launched - link

Fox says 60

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by side_shot:
the chemicals were definitely in the county i think they came in from iraq when saddam hussein dumped it on them when we said months in advance we were going to invade his country

BINGO

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Both nerve gas and chlorine have been used in the region. The article in The Wall Street Journal mentioned symptoms that made me immediately think of nerve gas, but then it went on to say the gas had a foul smell (which nerve agents don’t have based on what I know) and chlorine was specifically mentioned. I believe it would be quite possible to use both types of gas at the same time. If so, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if they were.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Both nerve gas and chlorine have been used in the region. The article in The Wall Street Journal mentioned symptoms that made me immediately think of nerve gas, but then it went on to say the gas had a foul smell (which nerve agents don’t have based on what I know) and chlorine was specifically mentioned. I believe it would be quite possible to use both types of gas at the same time. If so, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if they were.

When I was in CBR school (long ago) we had doctors presenting information regarding the various types of agents. One doctor was describing this nerve agent, said it smelled kind of sweet. I asked how much it took to able to smell it, he quoted some number. I asked how how much it took to kill. Seems the amount to kill was several dozen times less it took to smell it.

Mustard agent has a bad smell.

Elk

-Thomas Jefferson

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
President Trump may be a pussy grabber, but at least he'd no pussy like Zero.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Shades of Reagan and Gadaffi.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Don't forget, we have a finite number of Tomahawk s thanks to a certain someone who was in charge of disarming us!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WTF? I thought we were supposed to draw a line in the sand first.....maybe it's called being decisive

Posts: 193 | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post