SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chemical Weapons In Syria
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chemical Weapons In Syria Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
A bit more lethal than hashtags.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Just wondering, not knowing anything about such things, about the cruse missile raid...

Wouldn't those 50 - 60 thousand pounds of explosives pretty much mean
that air base is virtually destroyed, and unusable for the foreseeable future?

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andcommande:
WTF? I thought we were supposed to draw a line in the sand first.....maybe it's called being decisive

I also thought we were supposed to notify the media first so they could be on the scene first to report it. CNN is NOT going to be happy with this!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
This POS has been killing his people for seven years while Obama and the UN stood around and did nothing. I don't understand how someone can launch chemical weapons against his own people. It's savage.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
CNBC is reporting 59 tomahawks launched - link

Fox says 60

I have a feeling there will be plenty of individuals who find out just how badly they do NOT want to F with the 1-2 Trump/Mad Dog combo.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
It's confusing to me watching the MSM pansies all running around wanting to hold the President's balls. Like they've never had a leader have some. Roll Eyes

THIS is what happens when you cross a "red line."

And on top of that, Mr. President invoked "God" in his defense. The pansies must really be rolling.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Networks saying Russia was informed prior I thought I just heard. I personally dont wanna piss Putin off as he backs Syria. Glad we had the nuts to send the message.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Just wondering, not knowing anything about such things, about the cruse missile raid...

Wouldn't those 50 - 60 thousand pounds of explosives pretty much mean
that air base is virtually destroyed, and unusable for the foreseeable future?

Likey crater the runways. If the aircraft are dispersed and/or in shelters then more missles would be used.

Thinking a massive response would get everybody's attention.

Note: restart the tomahawk production line.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I'm OK with the Ruskies getting a warning.

A warning that next time, after such asshattery, there won't be a warning, and their asses will get burnt, too.

They got their freebie.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
Been a long time since I've been this proud. Actions are beginning to have a consequences.

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGGUY (THE 1ST):
Networks saying Russia was informed prior I thought I just heard. I personally dont wanna piss Putin off as he backs Syria. Glad we had the nuts to send the message.

http://www.startribune.com/tru...al-attack/418545133/

Before the strikes, U.S. military officials said they informed their Russian counterparts of the impending attack. The goal was to avoid any accident involving Russian forces.

Nevertheless, Russia's Deputy U.N. ambassador Vladimir Safronkov warned that any negative consequences from the strikes would be on the "shoulders of those who initiated such a doubtful and tragic enterprise."

The U.S. also notified its partner countries in the region prior to launching the strikes.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
The Russian Ambassador stated therebwoukd be negative responses to whomever was behind it. I just saw the interview on channel 7 outta Boston.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGGUY (THE 1ST):

http://www.startribune.com/tru...al-attack/418545133/

Before the strikes, U.S. military officials said they informed their Russian counterparts of the impending attack. The goal was to avoid any accident involving Russian forces.

Nevertheless, Russia's Deputy U.N. ambassador Vladimir Safronkov warned that any negative consequences from the strikes would be on the "shoulders of those who initiated such a doubtful and tragic enterprise."

The U.S. also notified its partner countries in the region prior to launching the strikes.

Russians have been warned. Therefore, if they are not out of the way, they are in the way.

Glad to see a set of balls swinging in the White House again.

Posts: 3238 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Dear Vlad,

Curb your dog.

That is all.

Love,

DT

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
WTF? I thought we were supposed to draw a line in the sand first.....maybe it's called being decisive

Hell I thought we were supposed to have some stern words for them first. Maybe point a finger or two. Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glad to see a set of balls swinging in the White House again.

Sums it up well, I think. Whatever happens, at least we have a President with a sincere love for country making the decisions nowadays, too. That and nads go a long way.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:

Hell I thought we were supposed to have some stern words for them first. Maybe point a finger or two. Big Grin

Tweets and hashtags were usually the last resort. That's when you knew things were getting serious.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Also sends message to N Korea.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Trump chopped a line in the sand with the Tomahawk.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post