SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chemical Weapons In Syria
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chemical Weapons In Syria Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiNNiK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
If Assad is responsible, why are we bombing an airfield and not his residence?

Because of President Carter.

Posts: 517 | Location: Austin, Tx. | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SiNNiK:
quote:

I dislike him, but what did he do WRT the point I made?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31419 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Here is the official DOD video from the USS Porter:

https://www.defense.gov/Video?videoid=518031

12 missiles in 2:45 of video, by my math that puts all 59 in the air in about 6-7 minutes between 2 ships.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SiNNiK:
quote:

I dislike him, but what did he do WRT the point I made?

Perhaps SiNNiK is referring to Carter's reaffirmation of President Ford's 1976 moratorium on political assassinations via Executive Order. It was, in fact, President Reagan who issued the last Executive Order prohibiting political assassinations by any US agency.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/11...index.html?_s=PM:LAW

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
CIA paid off Syrian pilots to obtain chemical weapons, arm and load them on jets at a Syrian Air Force Base, gas civilians, land and then avoid Syrian security until they were extracted by the CIA. Then the intel agencies hushed all that up and convinced Mattis and the entire Pentagon along with the NSC and Trump to bomb the air base? That's the plan? And the big payoff for this spectacular op?

Yep
I am merely pointing out that one may not be able to completely trust the intelligence.
And the CIA teleported the pilots out. The big payoff was to increase russian vodka sales.

Posts: 1399 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Whether or not the strike was the right choice, that was some damn quick decision making.

No wishy-washy BS response there, and I like that.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
It's nice to see a president acting like a human being when helpless people are getting murdered. Not let's turn a blind eye and hope it all works out.

If not now then when?

If not us then who?

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I love how the Russians keep spouting "act of aggression" snd "violation of international law".

Sure...like invading/seizing a part of eastern Europe, perhaps? Roll Eyes

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
I love how the Russians keep spouting "act of aggression" snd "violation of international law".

Sure...like invading/seizing a part of eastern Europe, perhaps? Roll Eyes
All bluster and talk, they have to do it to save face in front of their people and allies.

We'd do the same if they hit say Afghanistan for dropping chemical weapons on their people.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
retracted this 2014 "fact"

Posts: 19558 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
As I listened to liberal media yesterday and their Russia "experts", it was the expected song and dance.

All the while I wondered if Trump's action didn't just give Putin an "out" of Syria. All the experts say that Syria is one of only two foreign policy "successes" (from the Russian perspective), so it's really important to him.

What if so much of Putin's actions were predicated on a bitch like Obama and his lead-from-behind foreign policy. Perhaps Putin does see Trump as an equal or at least someone to be respected, unlike Obama, who is someone to be disrespected, and Trump has actually allowed Putin a foreign policy pivot, at least WRT to Syria.

Alternate, non-conspiracy train of thought:

Trump takes decisive action unexpectedly after provocation (a test, if you will); Putin blusters as is expected, but then slowly pulls out of Syria instead of doubling down. This gets international heat off of him, probably allows him slack in Ukraine, and Putin gets to reframe the relationship "on his terms". End result: Assad loses Russian backing, Putin looks less bad in the eyes of the world, Trump continues to be treated like shit by the media, but when no one is looking, Trump and Putin work to normalize relationships (and, shit, throw in China, too), and Syria turns into a potentially not-so intractable situation.

I posit this because most of the leftist media is predicated on two assumptions: 1) Trump is an idiot, and 2) Obama's policies were all for the better of the world.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
The Russians need the port and their airfield as its the only footprint they have in the area. I dont think they will be leaving anytime soon.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I do not make the laws,
I balance the scales
Picture of RiCoShea
posted Hide Post
Either
1. "terrorists" own and run chemical factories and workshops according to Syria and Russia. When these were bombed by Syria, or whomever, the chemicals magically combined into the correct amounts to make Sarin gas ...

OR

2. A state that has used it and other weaponized chems on its own people before ,did it again

The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them. -
Lois McMaster Bujold

"Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance."
--Sam Brown

Posts: 395 | Location: On the corner of "No" and "Where" | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
As I listened to liberal media yesterday and their Russia "experts", it was the expected song and dance.

**I swore off all cable news a decade or so ago, but I still get a kick out of some of the clips and snippets I see online.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Yep. Full court press to minimize the impact the past few days have taken on their political religeon. If they can get even a few soundbites to take hold for a few days, it will tie them over to the next repudiation.

They are playing defense, and we're winding up our long game.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Here is the official DOD video from the USS Porter:

https://www.defense.gov/Video?videoid=518031

12 missiles in 2:45 of video, by my math that puts all 59 in the air in about 6-7 minutes between 2 ships.

How many launch tubes do they have? Are all missiles loaded and ready in their own tube, or do they have to "reload" from a magazine as fired?

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4125 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
56 TLAM

The missiles are in a container with the tubes and the container was designed to be removed and replaced at sea by pulling the container and dropping a loaded container in the well.

But it was found to be difficult and dangerous.

I saw one being loaded, and the container only has a few inches to work with, and at sea, an "oops" would be disastrous. They use a big crane and the whole container is like trying to stuff a train car in a hold.

So, I guess they load each tube from the top, one by one.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19558 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Wow. Look at those neat little holes in those concrete domes. I wonder how well the interior and thick roofs/walls of those things helped distribute the blasts?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post