SIGforum
Chemical Weapons In Syria

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5870092224

April 06, 2017, 08:52 PM
BamaJeepster
Chemical Weapons In Syria
A bit more lethal than hashtags.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams
April 06, 2017, 08:53 PM
cparktd
Just wondering, not knowing anything about such things, about the cruse missile raid...

Wouldn't those 50 - 60 thousand pounds of explosives pretty much mean
that air base is virtually destroyed, and unusable for the foreseeable future?

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.
April 06, 2017, 08:53 PM
Sigmanic
quote:
Originally posted by Andcommande:
WTF? I thought we were supposed to draw a line in the sand first.....maybe it's called being decisive

I also thought we were supposed to notify the media first so they could be on the scene first to report it. CNN is NOT going to be happy with this!
April 06, 2017, 08:55 PM
BamaJeepster

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams
April 06, 2017, 09:10 PM
jdmb03
This POS has been killing his people for seven years while Obama and the UN stood around and did nothing. I don't understand how someone can launch chemical weapons against his own people. It's savage.
April 06, 2017, 09:22 PM
jcat
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
CNBC is reporting 59 tomahawks launched - link

Fox says 60

I have a feeling there will be plenty of individuals who find out just how badly they do NOT want to F with the 1-2 Trump/Mad Dog combo.

April 06, 2017, 09:28 PM
craigcpa
It's confusing to me watching the MSM pansies all running around wanting to hold the President's balls. Like they've never had a leader have some. Roll Eyes

THIS is what happens when you cross a "red line."

And on top of that, Mr. President invoked "God" in his defense. The pansies must really be rolling.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫
April 06, 2017, 09:29 PM
SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
Networks saying Russia was informed prior I thought I just heard. I personally dont wanna piss Putin off as he backs Syria. Glad we had the nuts to send the message.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.
April 06, 2017, 09:32 PM
Icabod
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Just wondering, not knowing anything about such things, about the cruse missile raid...

Wouldn't those 50 - 60 thousand pounds of explosives pretty much mean
that air base is virtually destroyed, and unusable for the foreseeable future?

Likey crater the runways. If the aircraft are dispersed and/or in shelters then more missles would be used.

Thinking a massive response would get everybody's attention.

Note: restart the tomahawk production line.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.
April 06, 2017, 09:32 PM
chongosuerte
I'm OK with the Ruskies getting a warning.

A warning that next time, after such asshattery, there won't be a warning, and their asses will get burnt, too.

They got their freebie.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones
April 06, 2017, 09:33 PM
arflattop
Been a long time since I've been this proud. Actions are beginning to have a consequences.

JPFO Life Member
April 06, 2017, 09:43 PM
Ronin1069
quote:
Originally posted by SIGGUY (THE 1ST):
Networks saying Russia was informed prior I thought I just heard. I personally dont wanna piss Putin off as he backs Syria. Glad we had the nuts to send the message.

http://www.startribune.com/tru...al-attack/418545133/

Before the strikes, U.S. military officials said they informed their Russian counterparts of the impending attack. The goal was to avoid any accident involving Russian forces.

Nevertheless, Russia's Deputy U.N. ambassador Vladimir Safronkov warned that any negative consequences from the strikes would be on the "shoulders of those who initiated such a doubtful and tragic enterprise."

The U.S. also notified its partner countries in the region prior to launching the strikes.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
April 06, 2017, 09:53 PM
SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
The Russian Ambassador stated therebwoukd be negative responses to whomever was behind it. I just saw the interview on channel 7 outta Boston.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.
April 06, 2017, 09:59 PM
Expat
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGGUY (THE 1ST):

http://www.startribune.com/tru...al-attack/418545133/

Before the strikes, U.S. military officials said they informed their Russian counterparts of the impending attack. The goal was to avoid any accident involving Russian forces.

Nevertheless, Russia's Deputy U.N. ambassador Vladimir Safronkov warned that any negative consequences from the strikes would be on the "shoulders of those who initiated such a doubtful and tragic enterprise."

The U.S. also notified its partner countries in the region prior to launching the strikes.

Russians have been warned. Therefore, if they are not out of the way, they are in the way.

Glad to see a set of balls swinging in the White House again.
April 06, 2017, 10:00 PM
Doc H.
Dear Vlad,

Curb your dog.

That is all.

Love,

DT

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"
April 06, 2017, 10:05 PM
Edmond
quote:
WTF? I thought we were supposed to draw a line in the sand first.....maybe it's called being decisive

Hell I thought we were supposed to have some stern words for them first. Maybe point a finger or two. Big Grin

April 06, 2017, 10:07 PM
46and2
quote:
Glad to see a set of balls swinging in the White House again.

Sums it up well, I think. Whatever happens, at least we have a President with a sincere love for country making the decisions nowadays, too. That and nads go a long way.
April 06, 2017, 10:10 PM
Balzé Halzé
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:

Hell I thought we were supposed to have some stern words for them first. Maybe point a finger or two. Big Grin

Tweets and hashtags were usually the last resort. That's when you knew things were getting serious.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
April 06, 2017, 10:11 PM
BillyBonesNY
Also sends message to N Korea.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org
April 06, 2017, 10:11 PM
sigmonkey
Trump chopped a line in the sand with the Tomahawk.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!