SIGforum
Chemical Weapons In Syria

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5870092224

April 06, 2017, 07:58 PM
Elk Hunter
Chemical Weapons In Syria
Another case of chemical weapons used on civilians.

And the consensus seems to be that Assad is behind it.

Does anyone have any proof that he is behind it?

Why ignore the possibility/probability that ISIS or one of their affiliated groups are behind it.

It would further convince the world that Assad "did it again", and should be treated as a war criminal.

I have seen, nor heard any evidence of who was behind this latest attack.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter
April 06, 2017, 08:07 PM
side_shot
the chemicals were definitely in the county i think they came in from iraq when saddam hussein dumped it on them when we said months in advance we were going to invade his country

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

April 06, 2017, 08:08 PM
Trooperdan
This was an aerial attack. I do not believe the rebels have an air force.

April 06, 2017, 08:13 PM
Rightwire
Looks like Trump acted with a cruise missile launch against Syria. News is reporting 50 missiles launched in a limited strike, that seems like a lot.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.
April 06, 2017, 08:23 PM
gw3971
Somebody knows where the redline is!
April 06, 2017, 08:24 PM
jer830
Didn't see that happening.
April 06, 2017, 08:25 PM
barndg00
I have not seen or heard anything about what chemical exactly they are referring to. Anyone? If we're talking VX vs HCl there's a big difference. What was used in this attack?
April 06, 2017, 08:25 PM
tatortodd
CNBC is reporting 59 tomahawks launched - link

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
April 06, 2017, 08:27 PM
gw3971
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
I have not seen or heard anything about what chemical exactly they are referring to. Anyone? If we're talking VX vs HCl there's a big difference. What was used in this attack?

Sarin I believe.
April 06, 2017, 08:29 PM
Elk Hunter
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:

One report I saw mentioned sarin. Some of the victims I saw on TV resembled injuries received by some sort of blistering agent. Mustard maybe?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter
April 06, 2017, 08:32 PM
MTJbyrd
I just hope our troops on the ground in Syria get out of there fast
April 06, 2017, 08:34 PM
Skins2881
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
CNBC is reporting 59 tomahawks launched - link

Fox says 60

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
snoris
quote:
Originally posted by side_shot:
the chemicals were definitely in the county i think they came in from iraq when saddam hussein dumped it on them when we said months in advance we were going to invade his country

BINGO
sigfreund
Both nerve gas and chlorine have been used in the region. The article in The Wall Street Journal mentioned symptoms that made me immediately think of nerve gas, but then it went on to say the gas had a foul smell (which nerve agents don’t have based on what I know) and chlorine was specifically mentioned. I believe it would be quite possible to use both types of gas at the same time. If so, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if they were.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
April 06, 2017, 08:40 PM
Elk Hunter
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Both nerve gas and chlorine have been used in the region. The article in The Wall Street Journal mentioned symptoms that made me immediately think of nerve gas, but then it went on to say the gas had a foul smell (which nerve agents don’t have based on what I know) and chlorine was specifically mentioned. I believe it would be quite possible to use both types of gas at the same time. If so, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if they were.

When I was in CBR school (long ago) we had doctors presenting information regarding the various types of agents. One doctor was describing this nerve agent, said it smelled kind of sweet. I asked how much it took to able to smell it, he quoted some number. I asked how how much it took to kill. Seems the amount to kill was several dozen times less it took to smell it.

Mustard agent has a bad smell.

Elk

-Thomas Jefferson

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter
April 06, 2017, 08:41 PM
sgalczyn

"No matter where you go - there you are"
April 06, 2017, 08:46 PM
BMR
President Trump may be a pussy grabber, but at least he'd no pussy like Zero.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz
April 06, 2017, 08:48 PM
Sigmanic
Shades of Reagan and Gadaffi.
April 06, 2017, 08:49 PM
Tommydogg
Don't forget, we have a finite number of Tomahawk s thanks to a certain someone who was in charge of disarming us!

Beth Greene
April 06, 2017, 08:49 PM
Andcommande
WTF? I thought we were supposed to draw a line in the sand first.....maybe it's called being decisive