SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Doctors warn against eating Tide Pods in latest social media challenge
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctors warn against eating Tide Pods in latest social media challenge Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted
I have no particular reason for posting this and have nothing really to say about it (kinda speaks for itself). But, fair warning - if you read something in The Onion you might consider the satire angle....at least if it pertains to eating soap pods. Other than that - good luck kiddos!

http://www.foxnews.com/health/...media-challenge.html

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This was on our local news the other day. Seriously... what the hell are they thinking?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
I call it thinning the herd. Seeya!

Note: The above is not directed towards the toddlers and elderly with dementia.

That's sad, and I feel bad for the families and friends.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
My wife, a pediatric nurse, has told me about at least one or two cases where young children were seeing them and thinking they were candy while mommy was trying to do laundry.

Now, the idiot teenagers think it's funny to eat them and post their videos online. I have no idea why, but I hope there won't be any such cases while my wife's working at the hospital tonight.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, a year or two ago it was the "fire challenge" with people setting themselves on fire. This seems relatively pedestrian compared to that.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
They do look tasty in a futuristic sorta way.

I've had to resist the urge to eat them many times. Luckily my wife slapped them outta my hand each time I've come close.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
People are stupid.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
why the warning

let them to themselves what they're trying to do

if they're that stupid, so we really need them?

perhaps this is Darwin trying to cull the herd of morons and we keep doing everything we can to make sure the morons continue to survive

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If some Snowflake is dumb enough to try something they read about on the Net I can only hope they eat the whole box. Because I have become completely fed up with these self absorbed idiots who just won't do anything to improve themselves.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are the dumb asses I rely on for social security when i get older

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I, too, heard a news report on the radio yesterday. Bewildering.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
They go down better if chased by a tea glass of Clorox.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
...and a splash of ammonia.

The Dirty 'roxtini.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Wasn't the last social media challenge craze eating a tablespoon of cinnamon?
I think somebody died from doing that one iirc.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they come into the emergency department and say that they ate a tide pod, give them a glass of water and tell them to drink it and jump up and down. Then tell them to keep drinking water til they throw up. Then charge the parents, not their insurance for the er visit and if they are on public assistance all charges go against their check. Word will get around real quick that stupidity costs real money.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
It's pretty sad when you have to be told not to eat soap and you're not a toddler.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Back in my day washing your mouth out with soap was considered a punishment...now they do it for fun.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But they’re so pretty and yummy looking?

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
A new challenge brought to you by the same folks that made urinal mints last years hit Razz

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post