SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Doctors warn against eating Tide Pods in latest social media challenge
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctors warn against eating Tide Pods in latest social media challenge Login/Join 
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
And these are the future leaders of our country? What a sad state of affairs. Mad

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These people used to get weeded out earlier to free up space and resources for those of us who aren't stupid.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Ajax ProPacs don't have an aftertaste.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
If you need a doctor to tell you this......

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
So, I’ve been reading and hearing about this for days. But I haven’t seen a single, credible, report of anyone but a toddler actually eating one of these pods.

Does anybody know if this is really a thing, or is it just a lot of media hype??

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeterGV:
So, I’ve been reading and hearing about this for days. But I haven’t seen a single, credible, report of anyone but a toddler actually eating one of these pods.

Does anybody know if this is really a thing, or is it just a lot of media hype??

Google is your friend...

http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/a...wshhnfp19j9d6FKDZFL7

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Audioholic:
A new challenge brought to you by the same folks that made urinal mints last years hit Razz

Speaking of "urinal mints"...

That scene still makes me laugh!

We have that movie in our library. I think we're going to have to watch it again.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Maybe someone can get this challenge off the ground...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmc85
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:

Google is your friend...

I have to agree with peter. I looked. Saw very, very, very limited news sources offerer any solid cases or numbers. If they did offer numbers it was so insignificant this isn't news worthy.

Posts: 2997 | Location: FL | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now, the idiot teenagers think it's funny to eat them and post their videos online. I have no idea why,

The reason is simple. At least to me. They are so freaking stupid that if one tries it and puts it of social media then a whole bunch more will try it. Don't know all that might be harmed by it, but would hazard a guess that they will be shitting suds for a long while! Might even thin the herd of stupid.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rmc85:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:

Google is your friend...

I have to agree with peter. I looked. Saw very, very, very limited news sources offerer any solid cases or numbers. If they did offer numbers it was so insignificant this isn't news worthy.

I'm not saying it's newsworthy. It's not. The guy couldn't find proof of it actually happening. That's why went on google, typed in "People eating laundry pods" and was provided this link. So I posted a montage of people eating laundry pods.

Yes it's insignificant and not newsworthy and probably 100 people in the whole country even actually did this, yet the media is acting like it's a fad. Which it's not.

It's like the media wants you to believe that everyone is a tranny, therefore we neeeeed to let them use whatever bathroom they want...when we all know there's like 175 actual trannies in the whole country.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
My teenage daughter tells me that this started with a parody where some kid did a snapchat pic pretending to pop one in their mouth...supposedly took off from there. In any case, it goes right into the drinking bleach/huffing propane/similar stupidity file.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Anybody over the age of 5 that you need to tell not to eat a Tide Pod-- their days are numbered, anyway.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Morons. Maybe they can start a "just one bite" challenge...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Back in my day washing your mouth out with soap was considered a punishment...now they do it for fun.
Well, I liked the taste of Lifebuoy soap (and it wasn't a punishment--I didn't say things that would have caused it, and still don't).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Well, it used to be the beer and cigarette companies....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post