SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Doctors warn against eating Tide Pods in latest social media challenge
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctors warn against eating Tide Pods in latest social media challenge Login/Join 
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
This is really one of the stupidest things out right now. I remember when people were imitating "Jackass" stunts, while some were just dumb some were very dangerous... I dunno... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Ha!^^

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Well, it used to be the beer and cigarette companies....

flashguy
The new generation of kids have a much cleaner taste.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Here's a real step in the right direction. People need to be protected from themselves. I know I once ate a 2x4 because, well, it just looked yummy and didn't come with adequate warning labels. Of course back then I self-identified as a beaver, so I can't completely blame the lumber industry on that one. Another suggestion might be to offer the pods as a suppository, which might further discourage the determined eaters. Hard to say for sure though.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/mar...ic-laundry-pods.html

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

Ewe....Not before lunch, please.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Lawmakers seek safer packaging for toxic laundry pods

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 2:07 PM
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Two New York lawmakers want the state to mandate child-resistant packaging, warning labels and uniform colors for toxic laundry detergent pods amid the dangerous trend of people eating them and encouraging or daring others to do the same.

State Sen. Brad Hoylman, a Manhattan Democrat, and Assemblywoman Aravella Simotas, a Queens Democrat, unveiled their proposal on Tuesday, noting several deaths around the country tied to the Tide Pods challenge, an online trend involving videos of mostly young people biting or ingesting the colorful pods. They say the pods also are a risk to young children and adults with dementia who might mistake them for something edible.

"They're squishy, they smell sweet and they look like gummy bears," Hoylman said.

Laundry detergent contains several chemicals that can be poisonous if ingested. The chemicals can cause vomiting, diarrhea, liver and kidney damage and even death. The American Association of Poison Control Centers has reported 154 calls to poison control centers relating to teenagers ingesting the pods this year, up from 53 cases last year.

The Procter & Gamble Co., or P&G, which owns Tide, recently launched a campaign to warn people away from eating the pods. The company, which is based in Cincinnati, has redesigned the tubs or bags containing the pods to make it more difficult for children to open them and has added a bitter taste to the plastic covering the pods.

Last month, P&G CEO David Taylor said the company was working to remove online videos featuring people participating in the challenge. He urged adults to help young people understand "this is no laughing matter."

"However, even the most stringent standards and protocols, labels and warnings can't prevent intentional abuse fueled by poor judgment and the desire for popularity," Taylor wrote in a post published on the company's website.

Simotas said she realized the danger of the pods a few years ago when she had to snatch one from her young daughter.

"These little pods are a disaster in the making," she said.

Similar legislation has been introduced in previous years but has gone nowhere.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new...ds-article-1.3801797

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, Now comes the "Stovetop Challenge":
(NSFW language in video, as you might imagine)

Best part is at the end. Guy filming says "Hey, don't do it again".

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Watchin this thread like...

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK, Now comes the "Stovetop Challenge":

I bet that stunk the house up.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I got my mouth washed out with soap once or twice as a kid. Does that count?

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post