SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Young bully victim
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Young bully victim Login/Join 
posted
http://wjhl.com/2017/12/10/ten...ng-video-goes-viral/

This young boy absolutely breaks my heart. It is good to see the good side to these athletes that are coming to his aid for a change.

Posts: 153 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
It's getting so that that "pack mentality" of jackals or hyenas seems to be taking over our society.

Groups of scum ganging up on weaker ones. Gangs actively seeking out victims to torture and kill them, ala MS-13 and other trash of their ilk.

It has been spreading in our schools as well.

When the legal system fails so spectacularly, what can one lone victim do? Out in public, with adults involved, there is an answer. It is called concealed carry!

We see videos of groups of mask wearing assholes beating on individuals with sticks and clubs and nobody does shit until the police finally arrive and intervene.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
This starts at home with the bully's parents.

I remember my highschool days very well, it was an introduction to my misanthropy.
If you fought back there was another white trash redneck to step in and beat you more.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
UT's starting quarterback was able to connect with him and spent the day with him.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
This starts at home with the bully's parents.

I remember my highschool days very well, it was an introduction to my misanthropy.
If you fought back there was another white trash redneck to step in and beat you more.

Yes it does.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Dana White from the UFC is also trying to contact him to bring his family out to Vegas. Also saw where Sean Hannity wants to fly the family to NYC to tour Fox News and he said he would personally call the principal, superintendent and all board members to make sure something is done.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Also saw where Sean Hannity wants to fly the family to NYC to tour Fox News and he said he would personally call the principal, superintendent and all board members to make sure something is done.

Yes, SC is correct in saying that parents are ground zero, but the damn schools are responsible for the safety of their students, and across the board, schools fail miserably when it comes to bullying. For all of their bullshit on "inclusion" and "tolerance", they don't give a shit if a kid is relentlessly bullied and assaulted.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
My youngest has a learning difficulty. He is far smaller than his brothers, but tough enough. His disposition is kind and gentle. If he could he'd be friends with everyone. Years ago when he was in 8th grade he attracted the attention of a bully. My son took the abuse as long as he could until one day he came home with obvious signs of abuse. I asked him about it and learned what was happening. I asked his older brother who attended the same school. He verified and expressed his frustration at being restrained by school policy.

The next morning I went to the principle's office. I explained what has been happening and made him tell me my son has a right to defend himself without consequence from the school. I made him aware that if the school interfered with my sons' ability to defend themselves in the future, there would be no limit to how far and fast I would come at the district with a legal machine and would grind away until little was left. I left the office with a smile and a handshake.

When the boys came home I unleashed them. The next day when the bully went after my youngest on the way home from school, my boys took him down. Hard. Hard enough that his parents contacted me. We had a talk with much the same content that I had with the principle. The bully problem went away.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
I did a bit of research. Most of the official anti-bullying campaigns kicked into gear around the 2001-2003 time frame. State anti-bully laws kicked in here in Connecticut in 2002.

Between 15 and 17 years of efforts, and this is where we are. What does that tell us?

Of course, the Internet, social media and instant communications really make these stories spread quickly.

Sad, but it's good to see the kid getting some support.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
My grandfather really had it tough growing up. If he or my father saw me sniveling like that on tv, they would have worked me over well. He taught me how to defend myself in a new school where I had no friends. "Just take them on One at a time until You Win or they give up. It worked well. I did not win all of the time or even most of the time, but after a while no one wanted to fight me anymore.

It is very easy to blame others, but it is your responsibility and yours alone when it is time to fight. That sniveling little twerp will be on welfare for the rest of his life.

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Fowler:
My grandfather really had it tough growing up. If he or my father saw me sniveling like that on tv, they would have worked me over well. He taught me how to defend myself in a new school where I had no friends. "Just take them on One at a time until You Win or they give up. It worked well. I did not win all of the time or even most of the time, but after a while no one wanted to fight me anymore.

It is very easy to blame others, but it is your responsibility and yours alone when it is time to fight. That sniveling little twerp will be on welfare for the rest of his life.

Everyone develops at different rates and reacts differently to bullying. My bullies paid for it. One of them ended up jackknifed in a trashcan. Another one went down with a roundhouse punch to the Adam's apple (I was aiming for the face and missed). This young man is not yet ready to defend himself. He'll get there if we don't destroy him first. Nothing wrong with defending those unable to do so.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I don’t know why some dumbass kids think bullying is still a good idea. The way things seem to go now, they should be worried about little Billy shooting them in the face at school the next day.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Part of the problem is public schools have eradicated the younger alpha sheep dog males. The kid that would give an old fashioned ass kicking to a bully would get arrested today, due to the sheepish mentality of victim nation.

Remember the days when a good kid would stand up for a weaker good kid, wish those days were still here.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Many years ago, my daughter, who has been a wheel-chair-user since age eight, got a thump around her head from an overlarge pie-eating boy because she couldn't give him room to pass fast enough.

When mrs tac picked her up from school later that day, her class teacher gave her the news that daughter was upset about getting hit, but that she was otherwise 'fine'. Daughter has had a shunt in her head since about six months old to deal with her hydrocephalus - she also has cerebral palsey, hence the wheels.

mrs tac learned the name of the boy concerned, and passed it on to me. At that time, I was over in Northern Ireland on detachment, and unable to do much, but got back home that weekend. I went around to the boy's house, and rang the bell - his mom answered, and I asked to speak to her husband, who came to the door. I explained my presence, saying that his big brave and large son had hit my little girl around the head while she was in her wheelchair. He didn't look too surprised to hear it, and said that he'd have a word with the boy when he came in. He went to go back in, so I gave him the news. If his son ever touched my daughter again, I'd be straight round the house and I would do so much harm to the father that they'd name the operation to put him right with his name, in honour of the effort taken by the surgeons.

After that, whenever we saw them in town, they'd cross the street to avoid us.

tac

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tacfoley,

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
To solve my bully problem in high school, I befriended the most juvenile delinquent criminal bad assed black girl in the school. She would beat anyone who fucked with me within an inch of their life. My senior year was trouble free.

We are still friends to this day. She said she defended me because I was kind to her and she had never experienced kindness so she wouldn’t let anything happen to that.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There wasn't much bullying at the somewhat rough public schools I attended. Might have had something to do with the presence of actual gangsters. Back in the day $5 bought a KO and there were plenty of dudes willing to to it just for fun.

The kid in the video is having a rough time. I'm glad he's getting some support. Schools need to let kids smash back if they need to.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
To solve my bully problem in high school, I befriended the most juvenile delinquent criminal bad assed black girl in the school. She would beat anyone who fucked with me within an inch of their life. My senior year was trouble free.

We are still friends to this day. She said she defended me because I was kind to her and she had never experienced kindness so she wouldn’t let anything happen to that.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d think having a video like that go viral would make things worse.

I got bullied and beat up. Oddly in high school. Ended when I stopped taking the bus. Growing to 6’2 in a summer helped too. Ran into one of my bullies 10 years later. He hadn’t grown an inch. Which I took great pleasure in pointing out to him.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
A lot of good will come from that video I think. I sat down with my son and watched the video twice. We had a long talk about bullying and now it effects the person being bullied. I asked him if he has ever bullied somone or been bullied and his answers surprised me. The outpouring of support for that young man is wonderful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I can't say whether the video might make things better or worse, because there are more factors than the internet in play with something like this.

My own experience follows..

When it comes to bullying, there will be a time when it is you, and the bully. Nothing else matters.

At that time, it is always, or never.

You decide.

A bully will take the path of least resistance, that is why they are here with you.

You decide.

I'm absolutely serious, when I say that someone experiencing bullying must FIGHT. They must assert themselves.

You can decide not to be a victim, and you must.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post