SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Car Time, Toyota Fans Step In
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Car Time, Toyota Fans Step In Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking 4runner, congrats! After much council from forum members here, we picked up a slightly used 13 sr5 2 years ago for the wife and she loves it!

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
10X, Hows the resale value on that FJ now that they've been discontinued? Wink

They continue to be one of the best for resale value. I can't see ever selling mine but it's good to know it continues to retain decent value. Mine is still stock other than tires and I enjoy pushing some limits in its stock configuration. It's amazing in snow an everywhere else I've taken it. I doubt I'll ever rock climb with it. I got it more for hauling ammo and arms to the range and camping. Gas mileage is crap but I don't run it across country. Still around 130,000 with a 2007 model. Finally wore out the original Panasonic battery a year or so ago.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Good looking truck. Can't justify it right now, my next vehicle will be a 4Runner. Good part is they hold their value. Bad part (for me) is there aren't many used deals to be had.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Those tires are awesome. I had them on my '92 Wrangler. Night and day difference from the street tires the previous owner had on them. I munched through 3 foot snow-covered roads without chains. They also came on military Humvees.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Very nice. How many does the 4Runner seat?

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:

This configuration is 5. I believe the limited offers a 3rd row but they won't be happy about it.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:

This configuration is 5. I believe the limited offers a 3rd row but they won't be happy about it.

Too bad-we'll be in the market next year but have to be able seat 6 comfortably.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great looking truck! I like how they re-configured the option packages for 2017. Here's my 2015 TRD Pro. I'm in the dark work of dealerships so I ended up getting about 3k off list on mine.

More recent pic now that I'm in TN:

Toy-Tec Front Coil Spring Inserts
TRD Intake
Magnaflow Catback
Gobi Stealth Rack
Gobi Ladder
Rigid 40" E-Series Combo in Front
Rigid SRQ's facing backwards
275/70/17 Cooper ST MAXX tires <- Awesome

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 973 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
When our family grows, that will probably become our family vehicle.

Congratulations on a fine, rugged and capable true SUV.

Keep us updated on the build process.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
I was looking at one of those yesterday at our local gas station. I gotta say I was impressed with that one, but yours blows it away! I'm jelly

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was so looking forward to the latest generation of 4 Runner being introduced, I believe, in 2010. I was planning to trade my 2006 4 Runner Sport . Instead, I ended up holding onto mine for another 6 years . The new version I found to be taller, wider , heavier and more gas hungry. They also had ditched the V-8 engine and eliminated some features. The antenna was now on the fender instead of in the rear glass and the self closing hatch feature had been eliminated. Both, I believe have since been re-introduced. It is still a wonderful vehicle if you can deal with the added bulk .At 243,000 miles, when I could no longer ignore my wife's comments about needing a new car every time the Runner had some minor issue, I bought a Subaru Outback, which one reviewer termed the "Swiss Army Knife of SUV'S". I like to think of it as a mini 4 Runner .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

What does the underside of the new 4Runners look like, i.e., what front suspension, lockers front and/or rear, transfer case/center diff. What gears in the diffs?

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that my Michelin LTX M/S2's are almost gone (immediately replaced the stock Dunflops that came on mine), I need to find a tire that's a good combination of on and light off road. As you can see from the pic, highway tires don't fare too well once it gets muddy.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I got a deal on my BFs, this is my second set and I think they're a great compromise.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Really like the new 4Runners. My parents had 2 older ones ('03 SR5 V6 4WD & '05 Limited V8 4WD).
If we hand't gone with the F150, the 4R might've gotten a solid 2nd place for me.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
The 2007 4Runner we have now is our Sixth one, they are awesome vehicles. The others didn't wear out, just moved up each time. With a "little" aftermarket goodies they will take you along way!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post