SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Car Time, Toyota Fans Step In
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Car Time, Toyota Fans Step In Login/Join 
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted
Decided it was time for a new vehicle. I needed something a little bigger and with more lockable storage than my Tacoma, so I picked up a 2017 4Runner TRD Offroad Premium. I really liked the TRD Pro 4Runners but I don't pay MSRP, and I sure as fuck don't pay MSRP + which is what dealerships are getting for the Pro. I also really wanted a sunroof and the Pro doesn't have a sunroof option.

Anyhow, the stock tires were shit for offloading, so I wrapped the wheels in BFG AT KO2s and they are pretty bad ass. Stretched her legs out at Citrus Wildlife Management and the vehicle did surprisingly well in the sugar sand in 2WD, thanks to the tires. Eventually 4WD was needed but I wanted to put myself in some bad situations to see how she performed.

Pics:
Just getting started at Citrus-

With a buddy's FJ-

Tires showing a little action-

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9691 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Sweet! I love it. Congrats.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great looking truck...I've been eyeing one myself.

I currently drive a GX470 (lifted, 33s, sliders, etc...), but a newer Toyota 4x4 would be nice.

Anyway, congrats. Enjoy it, be sure to (continue to) get it dirty on occasion!

- Brian

--------------------
||| P226R (.40) ||| P6 ||| P320 X5 ||| SP2022 (.40) |||

Posts: 411 | Location: Northeast Florida | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Absolutely gorgeous! I have been trying to talk the wife into one also. TRD Pro or Trail Pro...Same color. So envious right now Wink

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Absolutely gorgeous! I have been trying to talk the wife into one also. TRD Pro or Trail Pro...Same color. So envious right now Wink

For 2017, they changed the Trail to TRD Off Road. Same car, different badging. Get it, youll love it. I had to dig around to find this one in this color, I ended up getting it right off the boat.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 9691 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really nice! Between the white and the alloy wheels - very Star Wars Empire-ish.

My wife is thinking about an SUV, but doesn't want something Sequoia sized. The 4Runner looks good, but I am worried as they are popular and I am unwilling to pay a premium for these. How much wiggle room on the price if you're looking at the non-Pro models?

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
That's a great looking 4Runner. Makes me want to go car shopping. Smile

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Mike, the options you wanted and trim etc mirror the 4Runner I would get even down to the color. I'd want a sunroof too. You have good taste!

I was hoping we would get a 4Runner last year but our family is big and likely to grow a bit more so we got a Highlander Limited and will be getting a Sequoia limited soon. I can't sell my wife on a Land Cruiser but trust me I've tried HARD on that front.

Enjoy that 4Runner!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Wow, those tires make the truck look so much nicer!

I'm a big fan of working vehicles as they are made to- my wife couldn't believe I went to the old dump to find a mud pit soon after I got my Sierra- but sort of understood when I asked if not now, then when? That way she wouldn't blink when I started bringing loads of brush to the dump, and bringing back big loads of fill Smile

Congratulations on your new ride! She's purty!

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Nice! Very nice! As my grandmother would have said, "You should drive it in good health."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30668 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We ordered a 2017 4runner for my wife and it should arrive in two weeks. Same model as yours but in dark gray.

Posts: 426 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
Nice! I've got a 2017 4x4 Tundra in central Florida. Love Toyotas.... Especially the resale.

Posts: 3585 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
The Toyota TRD. I could've thought of a better name… Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
That looks sweet!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobLew:
Really nice! Between the white and the alloy wheels - very Star Wars Empire-ish.

My wife is thinking about an SUV, but doesn't want something Sequoia sized. The 4Runner looks good, but I am worried as they are popular and I am unwilling to pay a premium for these. How much wiggle room on the price if you're looking at the non-Pro models?

I think this stickered around $42k and we negotiated down to $38.5. Another dealer (out of state) offered to go down to $38k on something comparable but they didn't have the vehicle. If you didn't want the premium, just the TRD Off Road, a dealership down in Bradenton was in the $35k range. I wanted the softex, sun roof, and sliding cargo deck, none of which are an option on the non-premium model.

NRA Life Member

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the family and nice color! Big Grin

I'm working on mine today, installing rock sliders. I finished the passenger side last night but left the driver's side for today. It's more involved since I have the KDSS and have to get the hydraulic lines out of the way to bolt up the slider.

One slider on:

This was after my lift but before I installed aftermarket skid plates, front and rear steel bumpers, etc. I've added so much weight, that I bought heavier duty coils for the back and they'll be installed this week.

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xmod:
We ordered a 2017 4runner for my wife and it should arrive in two weeks. Same model as yours but in dark gray.

Magnetic gray? I looked at one locally and liked it but the white was calling my name.
Enjoy it!

NRA Life Member

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Love me some Yota 4WD. If I ever lose my FJ I'll want either another FJ or th 4Runner. May be looking at a 4Runner soon. The wife's XTerra is pretty long in the tooth. Gorgeous truck you got there MikeGLI.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
10X, Hows the resale value on that FJ now that they've been discontinued? Wink

NRA Life Member