SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazon offering $40 off Prime for Veterans & Active
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon offering $40 off Prime for Veterans & Active Login/Join 
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link. I heard about the discount but wasn't aware of the VA link. Mine went through first try.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! And passed it around to the vets here at work

Posts: 551 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: December 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the notice and supplied link. Let me also add my thanks to Amazon as for recognizing our military service, past and present.

Semper Fi...Sig Marine

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 810 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads-up! I extended mine and will this on to all my veteran friends.

Posts: 1510 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link! $40 is $40!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up OP. That was like finding $40 in the parking lot without having to bend over to pick it up.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I tried. Failure. Sent email to the address that was given for problem solving. They asked for the SAME information that I had entered on the website. I supplied the information. They responded with "try again."

Same failure. Rinse, repeat, same steps. MULTIPLE TIMES.

Finally, after the go-around # 8, I opened a "chat" session. For the first time ever, I got connected to a rep who threw major attitude, not what we have come to expect from Amazon.

I asked him (her? I can't decipher their names) to escalate. My request was refused.

At this point I did not need any more aggravation. I told the rep to just cancel my Prime membership. BINGO! The problem got solved, instantly. I am now seeing membership extended for one year past the current renewal date, and a charge to my Amazon card in the amount of $79.00 plus tax.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
At first I tried using some account credits that I had on my Amazon account and got rejected. When I changed the payment method to the card I had on file it went through without a problem. So keep that in mind when signing up. Not sure if gift card balances would have the same problem.

Posts: 1510 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
While I qualify for this special as a military retiree, I'm passing.
Why?

--My Amazon orders routinely always qualify for free shipping.
--I'm invariably in no hurry for the goods, but usually get my orders within a week if not quicker...even Sunday deliveries by USPS at times. Smile
--Prime delivery services have deteriorated with the loss of FedEx according to locals I know.
--Prime member "xtras" like streaming are of no interest to me.
--I also order from others like Wayfair, Jet, and Walmart who give free shipping and in many cases better prices than Amazon.
--And FWIW I'm not a member of Sam's locally either (no Costco available), but I do utilize local military commissary and local / online exchange stores.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. Mine went right through and account was updated in minutes. I was discharged in March 1970. Nice to save $40.

NRA Endowment Member
USAF 1958-1970
Master Instructor 1969-1970
Georgia Gun Owners Member

Posts: 237 | Location: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: February 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Signed up with no problem, my membership date was extended immediately. They even used some gift card credit I had to pay for it.

Posts: 76 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 23, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up.

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1536 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jandersd
posted Hide Post
quote:
va.gov/opa/amazon.asp

Thank you for letting us know - it worked for me

---
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Posts: 1122 | Location: Cartersville, GA | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information. I'm always looking to save a few bucks. However, in my case, this did not offer any savings. The advertised discount is from normal price of $119/yr down to $79/yr. I am only paying $59/yr as it is, and they're not taking $40 bucks of than. Again, thanks just the same.

Posts: 590 | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuck416:

in my case, this did not offer any savings. The advertised discount is from normal price of $119/yr down to $79/yr. I am only paying $59/yr
How are you getting Amazon Prime for $59 / year? That's a good deal!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
The $59 per year fee is for students from what i remember.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link. Went through fine for me and I shared it with several of my friends.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Awesome! I just applied it to my account. Thanks OP

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine went right through as well! Nice to have the extension at a reduced price!
Thanks for the heads up.....

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Told my son about this (Active Armt) and he passed the info on to a bunch of others.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post