SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazon offering $40 off Prime for Veterans & Active
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon offering $40 off Prime for Veterans & Active Login/Join 
posted
A heads up, Amazon is offering $40 off one year of Prime for Veterans, Reservists & Active military. New or extend current membership.

va.gov/opa/amazon.asp

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Worked for me. Thank you for pointing this out, not every day you can get a discounted Prime Membership.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I extended mine last night. I appreciate the discount.

Posts: 64 | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thank you; would not have seen it without this notice.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads-up

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Awesome, thx for the tip!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help!,

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
It did not work for me.

There is an email address for troubleshooting if the enrollment attempt fails.

I have started that process, no response yet.

If nothing by tomorrow I will start a "chat" session and see where that takes me.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
It did not work for me.

There is an email address for troubleshooting if the enrollment attempt fails.

I have started that process, no response yet.

If nothing by tomorrow I will start a "chat" session and see where that takes me.

I had the same issue, used the email to rectify and now all is done. Amazon CS responded quickly.

Thanks for the information in the OP.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was surprised that all they asked for was name & date released from active duty (mine was Dec 1969). They must have access to VA info.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Just finished mine by email. Kinda curious though....my usual renewal is in April but they billed me today for this. What happens with Dec-Apr that I already "bought"?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
What happens with Dec-Apr that I already "bought"?

The renewal should take effect at whatever your previous due date was. For example, I renewed in September 2019, so my Prime membership was until September 2020. After taking advantage of the discounted renewal now, however, my membership runs until September 2021. I did not lose any of the time I previously paid for.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Had to send an e-mail, waiting for a response. This is a great perk, thanks Amazon.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads-up.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
they also have a discount for university students. 6 months free, and then a 50% discount. We have a son in university now.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
What happens with Dec-Apr that I already "bought"?

The renewal should take effect at whatever your previous due date was. For example, I renewed in September 2019, so my Prime membership was until September 2020. After taking advantage of the discounted renewal now, however, my membership runs until September 2021. I did not lose any of the time I previously paid for.
Yeah, it just tacks on a year to your normal timeline.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up.

Mine was up for renewal Nov 14. Now slows Nov 14 2020.

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Cool, thanks!

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of radinski
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the head up Anush!

Posts: 272 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: January 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post