SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazon offering $40 off Prime for Veterans & Active
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon offering $40 off Prime for Veterans & Active Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
That was easy. I just had to enter my name and DOB. Extended my membership until 4/30/21.

Thanks for posting this.

Posts: 1453 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Mine also failed. I've run into this before and it was tacked down to a large group of missing records acknowledged by the VA. I emailed as directed and attached my discharge papers. Hope that works.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
It worked fine for me. I actually received emails from the VA about this discount. I was surprised how easy it was.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Great - thanks!

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I saw this yesterday on DealNews.com. Mine failed the first few times I tried so I emailed the address shown. I had a response in less than an hour saying my service had been verified and to try again.

This failed as well. I emailed again and received my response again in less than an hour. I said to try again in 5 hours. I tried this morning and it worked fine. Obviously something is screwed up in the programming.

Regardless, Amazon continues to provide prompt service and this is a nice gesture to acknowledge your service. Thanks, Amazon.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine worked the first try, though I did not place the order. Instead of paying $119/yr, the veterans deal makes it $84.53.

I do not buy a lot thru Amazon, it may not be cost effective for me.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Worked for me, even though I had to scroll down halfway through the last century for my birthdate. Smile

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, going to give it a try

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome, worked for me.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
Thanks! Worked for me, even though I had to scroll down halfway through the last century for my birthdate. Smile

Only halfway? Young whippersnapper! Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

Only halfway? Young whippersnapper! Wink

Well, maybe it was LITTLE more than half way.Smile

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Done! Thanks for the heads up, Anush!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Only halfway? Young whippersnapper!

Yes, and the lower half!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
Thanks, OP!

Had a small issue but CS got it squared away. When I told the CS person my discharge was in ‘72 she said, “wow”!

I said, that was before you were born, wasn’t it? She said, “yes”. Smile

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OldMick:
Thanks, OP!

Had a small issue but CS got it squared away. When I told the CS person my discharge was in ‘72 she said, “wow”!

1972?!!! Boot! Smile

Thomas Sowell

Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Some of you guys did head count at the Last Supper.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:

Mine worked the first try, though I did not place the order. Instead of paying $119/yr, the veterans deal makes it $84.53.
Looks like $79.00 plus 7% sales tax.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by OldMick:
Thanks, OP!

1972?!!! Boot! Smile

Where?

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Thank You. Mine went through on the first try.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post