This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5850098264

November 07, 2019, 09:02 AM
Mr.9mm
Amazon offering $40 off Prime for Veterans & Active
Thanks!
November 07, 2019, 09:13 AM
rackrack
That was easy. I just had to enter my name and DOB. Extended my membership until 4/30/21.

Thanks for posting this.
November 07, 2019, 09:20 AM
NavyGuy
Mine also failed. I've run into this before and it was tacked down to a large group of missing records acknowledged by the VA. I emailed as directed and attached my discharge papers. Hope that works.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence
November 07, 2019, 09:36 AM
bobandmikako
It worked fine for me. I actually received emails from the VA about this discount. I was surprised how easy it was.

十人十色
November 07, 2019, 09:37 AM
Doc H.
Great - thanks!

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"
November 07, 2019, 09:42 AM
mcrimm
I saw this yesterday on DealNews.com. Mine failed the first few times I tried so I emailed the address shown. I had a response in less than an hour saying my service had been verified and to try again.

This failed as well. I emailed again and received my response again in less than an hour. I said to try again in 5 hours. I tried this morning and it worked fine. Obviously something is screwed up in the programming.

Regardless, Amazon continues to provide prompt service and this is a nice gesture to acknowledge your service. Thanks, Amazon.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham
November 07, 2019, 09:50 AM
Sigmund
Mine worked the first try, though I did not place the order. Instead of paying $119/yr, the veterans deal makes it $84.53.

I do not buy a lot thru Amazon, it may not be cost effective for me.
November 07, 2019, 09:52 AM
Ironbutt
Thanks! Worked for me, even though I had to scroll down halfway through the last century for my birthdate. Smile

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell
November 07, 2019, 09:57 AM
cworetired
Thanks, going to give it a try
November 07, 2019, 09:58 AM
dusty3030
Awesome, worked for me.
November 07, 2019, 10:04 AM
sigfreund
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
Thanks! Worked for me, even though I had to scroll down halfway through the last century for my birthdate. Smile

Only halfway? Young whippersnapper! Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
November 07, 2019, 10:06 AM
Ironbutt
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

Only halfway? Young whippersnapper! Wink

Well, maybe it was LITTLE more than half way.Smile

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell
November 07, 2019, 10:09 AM
ensigmatic
Done! Thanks for the heads up, Anush!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
November 07, 2019, 10:11 AM
Anush
quote:
Only halfway? Young whippersnapper!

Yes, and the lower half!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch
November 07, 2019, 10:17 AM
OldMick
Thanks, OP!

Had a small issue but CS got it squared away. When I told the CS person my discharge was in ‘72 she said, “wow”!

I said, that was before you were born, wasn’t it? She said, “yes”. Smile
November 07, 2019, 10:26 AM
Ironbutt
quote:
Originally posted by OldMick:
Thanks, OP!

Had a small issue but CS got it squared away. When I told the CS person my discharge was in ‘72 she said, “wow”!

1972?!!! Boot! Smile

Thomas Sowell
November 07, 2019, 10:30 AM
AllenInAR
Some of you guys did head count at the Last Supper.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV
November 07, 2019, 11:12 AM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:

Mine worked the first try, though I did not place the order. Instead of paying $119/yr, the veterans deal makes it $84.53.
Looks like $79.00 plus 7% sales tax.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
November 07, 2019, 11:27 AM
OldMick
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by OldMick:
Thanks, OP!

1972?!!! Boot! Smile

Where?
November 07, 2019, 11:28 AM
mark60
Thank You. Mine went through on the first try.