SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you avoid sidewalk grates?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you avoid sidewalk grates? Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Nope. unless it's unavoidable.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8637 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I find them to be incredibly slippery so I avoid them simply based on that.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I don't know... should I? I have never seen one.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
touring Mammoth Caves as a kid, there's a grate over what I remember to be a smallish pool of water. the tour guide said something to the effect of "and if you look down, you'll see a pool of water. while people have tried to discover how deep it is, no one knows for certain."

yeah. 9 year old me decided I was not going to die by falling into an endless pool of water.

I avoid grates.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
Yes

I once fell through one and no bullshit tore open my scrodum.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post