SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Libs complain about President Trump’s Harvest Box plan
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Libs complain about President Trump’s Harvest Box plan Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I am rapidly coming to the opinion that the optimal place for a democrat is on life support

what a bunch of low lifes

The proper place for a democrat is to shut the fuck up and gratefully hold the flashlight for the conservative doing all the work.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I've yet to be in line behind someone using an EBT card that wasn't dressed better than I was. Big Grin

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having watched first hand the level of abuse and entitlement I guarantee this would save money if only because of one reason. Depending on the convenience of the pickup spot I suspect after a few months recipients will stop picking up their food because it is staples. Many don’t want staples they want money and convenience which is what the current plan provides.

I am all for progress but this program is either designed to feed people or it designed to supplement their lifestyle as they see fit. As a taxpayer I am in the former camp.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of weekendshooter
posted Hide Post
In 1960 my dad was laid off and I can remember standing in line with him to get what they called at the time "surplus food." Powdered milk, powdered eggs, flour, cheese, and canned meat. I was only 6, but I can tell you that neither him or my mother were complaining. Somehow we made it until he got another job. It makes me angry when I see people with ACCESS cards buying junk food like chips and Little Debbie cakes instead of wholesome food.

Posts: 1181 | Location: Eastern PA now and missing Western PA | Registered: September 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
Hay if they don't like the boxes they should not pick them up.
Let them get a job and work like the rest of us.

I've been saying this for years. I remember when the mayor of NYC instituted a program whereby welfare recipients were expected to do some type of service.

Took about 2 nanoseconds for the libtards to get a court order killing the program. Back to sitting on their asses waiting for cash.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I honestly stopped reading after "Libs complain...". I don't really give a popcorn fart what those assholes have to complain about or what they're MAKING UP to complain about. They can all eat a turd and die.

Just the way I feel...

And responding to V-Tail below:

What a load of bovine fecal matter. How would they like the "food" packets our church sent to Africa a couple of years ago?? It was a packet of rice and beans with powdered supplements, vitamins, and minerals. One packet good for 3 meals, I believe. Spoiled sunsabitches... Mad Mad Mad

Or how about those outstandingly delicious MRE our troops get to eat.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer."
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 343 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: April 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
You should've seen the comments section in the local liberal rag (Oregon, so it's expected). One idiot actually said it's too difficult for homeless people to cook so they require access to fast food....motherfugger's can camp professionally, but apparently can't build a campfire to keep their dumbasses from starving to death.

Another woman said "poor people" simply don't know how to cook from scratch and shouldn't be burdened with having to learn.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
https://www.pressherald.com/20...harges-back-in-jail/

$3.5 million in fraud, was giving $.50 on the dollar for food stamps/EBT cards.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
The dumbest thing I've seen EBT related was when I saw a bum buy a flat of water with an EBT card and then proceeded to go into the parking lot and dump out the bottles to return them for the deposit to buy a 40 oz Steel Reserve.

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The grocers association lobbyists will be railing against this hard. Being in the grocery food distribution business I work with chain buyers and store level managers everyday.
The first of the month when EBT cards hit the mail boxes are big numbers for the grocery stores.

The government will not be buying product through grocery stores to fill boxes but directly from the producers which is a boon for them. Hopefully all products to fill the boxes will be from American producers otherwise this could bite Trump in the ass.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
https://www.pressherald.com/20...harges-back-in-jail/

$3.5 million in fraud, was giving $.50 on the dollar for food stamps/EBT cards.

As I said in my OP, a big reason that the recipients, and their advocates, rail against President Trump’s plan is that it’s too hard to convert cans of corn and Spam to money for booze and crack.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
You should've seen the comments section in the local liberal rag (Oregon, so it's expected). One idiot actually said it's too difficult for homeless people to cook so they require access to fast food....motherfugger's can camp professionally, but apparently can't build a campfire to keep their dumbasses from starving to death.

Another woman said "poor people" simply don't know how to cook from scratch and shouldn't be burdened with having to learn.

I saw a homeless van with a habachi grill bungee-corded to the passenger side door with the side mirrors as an attachment point last fall. There was a big umbrella opened above it, similarly fixed, keeping the pouring rain from dousing the coals. There was smoke pouring out of it, and now and again, a hand would reach out the window to open it and turn whatever was cooking in there. The police showed up and had him remove it, of course, but the ingenuity of it impressed me.

It can be done. That guy made no excuses for himself.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
If President Trump ended world hunger, the Left would complain.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
This guy over at Zero Hedge really got to the REAL reason why liberals are dismayed by this plan:

quote:

...The point of food stamps is not to treat you to gourmet meals. It's to prevent you from starving to death while you get out of the trouble you've gotten yourself in, whether that takes the form of unemployment, underemployment or some other type of financial mess. We want you to have food. We want you to live. But if you want the kind of food you prefer, that's going to require you to earn your own money and buy it.

That is not an unreasonable proposition. You're not supposed to like dependence on the government. You're supposed to want to get off it as quickly as you can. If you get stuck with the Harvest Box and you still don't make the changes necessary to improve your life, well . . . at least you're saving the rest of us some money....

The Genius Of Trump's Food Stamp Proposal: You're Not Supposed To Like Being On Welfare

Exactly!

But.... I thought we already had a discussion going on this topic:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/8390096734/p/5

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would save a fortune just to EFT the cash to their account. Save all the admin costs and all the enforcement cost...

Better yet, do the food for half the benefit (call their bluff, most probably won't bother) and EFT the rest. This will cut 50% off the cash tab (save all enforcement cost) and we probably won;t distribute that much food.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I honestly stopped reading after "Libs complain...". I don't really give a popcorn fart what those assholes have to complain about or what they're MAKING UP to complain about. They can all eat a turd and die.

Just the way I feel...

And responding to V-Tail below:

What a load of bovine fecal matter. How would they like the "food" packets our church sent to Africa a couple of years ago?? It was a packet of rice and beans with powdered supplements, vitamins, and minerals. One packet good for 3 meals, I believe. Spoiled sunsabitches... Mad Mad Mad
My church has done that twice that I remember--more than 100,000 meals each time, an all-day work affair with dozens of participants. I think each bag is supposed to make a soup that will feed 4 people.

And I suspect that the starving people in Africa who receive those food packets are more than grateful.

flashguy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flashguy,

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post