SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Libs complain about President Trump’s Harvest Box plan
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Libs complain about President Trump’s Harvest Box plan Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
It’s too hard to convert cans of corn and Spam to money for booze and crack.

“WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is pushing what it calls a “bold new approach to nutrition assistance”: replacing the traditional cash-on-a-card that food stamp recipients currently get with a pre-assembled box of canned foods and other shelf-stable goods dubbed “America’s Harvest Box.”

Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney likened the box to a meal kit delivery service, and said the plan could save nearly $130 billion over 10 years. But the idea, tucked into President Donald Trump’s 2019 budget, has caused a firestorm, prompting scathing criticism from Democrats and nutrition experts who say its primary purpose is to punish the poor…”

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.4de668ce6264

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8945 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Hay if they don't like the boxes they should not pick them up.
Let them get a job and work like the rest of us.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“SNAP is an efficient program..."

Efficient? I don't think that word means what you think it does.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daughter works in a meat market and has had people by $100.00 prime rib roasts with EBT cards-I got no problem with the box idea.

Posts: 67 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I honestly stopped reading after "Libs complain...". I don't really give a popcorn fart what those assholes have to complain about or what they're MAKING UP to complain about. They can all eat a turd and die.

Just the way I feel...

And responding to V-Tail below:

What a load of bovine fecal matter. How would they like the "food" packets our church sent to Africa a couple of years ago?? It was a packet of rice and beans with powdered supplements, vitamins, and minerals. One packet good for 3 meals, I believe. Spoiled sunsabitches... Mad Mad Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
scathing criticism from Democrats and nutrition experts who say its primary purpose is to punish the poor
Yup, nutrition experts who criticize a box of actual food. Why in the world would the starving recipients want actual nutrition, as opposed to being allowed to use EBT cards for junk food?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
scathing criticism from Democrats and nutrition experts who say its primary purpose is to punish the poor
Yup, nutrition experts who criticize a box of actual food. Why in the world would the starving recipients want actual nutrition, as opposed to being allowed to use EBT cards for junk food?

The Dem's primary purpose of welfare is more to control people than to help people.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
That moment when you give food to a pan handler and he turns it down...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
The Dem's primary purpose of welfare is more to control people than to help people.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Libs complain about President Trump’s Harvest Box plan

Totally predictable. In fact, what took them so long?

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:....What a load of bovine fecal matter. How would they like the "food" packets our church sent to Africa a couple of years ago?? It was a packet of rice and beans with powdered supplements, vitamins, and minerals. One packet good for 3 meals, I believe. ...

Hopefully your church was considerate enough to send some Pizza Hut and Netflix coupons along with the rice and beans. Wink

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
If liberals are complaining about it, that means it is a good idea.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I am rapidly coming to the opinion that the optimal place for a democrat is on life support

what a bunch of low lifes

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I am rapidly coming to the opinion that the optimal place for a democrat is on life support
Sounds like a waste of electricity.

Posts: 107574 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

Scoutmaster has a way of doung that...Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Democrats couldn't care less about their rough trade constituents beyond their vote (the ones that actually get out and do it), so feigned outrage is exactly what I expect from them. I predicted it to my wife as soon as the story broke, not that that was too difficult to do.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This guy over at Zero Hedge really got to the REAL reason why liberals are dismayed by this plan:

quote:

...The point of food stamps is not to treat you to gourmet meals. It's to prevent you from starving to death while you get out of the trouble you've gotten yourself in, whether that takes the form of unemployment, underemployment or some other type of financial mess. We want you to have food. We want you to live. But if you want the kind of food you prefer, that's going to require you to earn your own money and buy it.

That is not an unreasonable proposition. You're not supposed to like dependence on the government. You're supposed to want to get off it as quickly as you can. If you get stuck with the Harvest Box and you still don't make the changes necessary to improve your life, well . . . at least you're saving the rest of us some money....

The Genius Of Trump's Food Stamp Proposal: You're Not Supposed To Like Being On Welfare

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
If you can't feed yourself and demand help from the government, it's the government's rules. Most of them want and love big government, so what's the problem? Moochelle grew veggies and gave them away and the media swooned. We're just expanding the program to help alleviate all those food deserts.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
What I like about Trump is he isn't afraid to at least poke the bear, to make the issue a discussion and force competing sides to find a solution, and if they can't then he'll hammer them both in the next election.

Immigration, food stamps, taxes, he's giving them reasonable offers and they are turning them down the rest of the Media BS is well known to be BS only the extremes buy into the Russia probe scam, the collusion scam, we all know its just distraction politics.

"look over there! Elephant!"

This guy punks them so easily, a year in office and he has the pitter pat down on how to play games in DC and he's out playing them...

We need about 20 more people who are similar to him in the Senate and many more in the house that are not afraid to do things that are needed to get the house in order..

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Sounds like a waste of electricity.

yes it is...sorry Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post