SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is the Oontz Angle 3 Ultra still the preferred bluetooth speaker?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is the Oontz Angle 3 Ultra still the preferred bluetooth speaker? Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
I’ve bought 3 of the Oontz Angle 3 Ultra speakers for the kids and work. No complaints. However, I’m now looking to upgrade a little bit for me. The newer Oontz Angle 3 Ultra Pro doesn’t seem to have as good of reviews as the Ultra 3. I’m not sure if that is because it is new(er) or because the quality isn’t quite there. Does anyone have any experience with the Angel 3 Ultra Pro or an equivalent model that they would recommend as an upgrade to the Angle 3 Ultra and, of course, doesn’t break the bank (Bose). Being able to pair with another speaker would be a plus too.
Thanks!

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I have a JBL Flip and I’m quite happy with it. Plenty loud, holds a change for a long time, and it sounds awesome for its size. Only $100.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
The Oontz speakers are IMO far and away the value champion. I have a couple of them in my shop and garage and the just work.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Tribit maxsound plus has got go reviews and its only $58.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Two angle 3 ultras weigh very little and don’t take up much suitcase space so they’re my travel sound bar. Makes watching movies on a small tv or iPad pro much more enjoyable.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Bose soundlink III it old but works well.

I am surprised how it can fill a large room with sound.

I use to stream music from my Alexa

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the ontz $35 & a UE boom for $100.the boom sounds better, but not 3x better. Friend has the JBL, very similar quality as the UE, maybe a little better, still not 3x better.
Going to order another ontz or 2

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought mine about 3 years ago, still use it almost daily. Kinda hooked on my Echo Dot now.

"All warfare is based on deception" Sun Tzu, The art of War

Posts: 552 | Location: Gulf Coast of SW Florida | Registered: August 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post