SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Message errors SPF help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Message errors SPF help Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Ok Internet geniuses, please explain why I am starting to get messages bouncing.

quote:
550 5.1.0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xx is not allowed to send from <longhornband.net> per it's SPF Record. Please inspect your SPF settings, and try again. IB508 <http://x.co/srbounce>

Every addressee using roadrunner is bouncing and a number of others, same error.

What is an SPF and how do I chenge it?

TIA

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
You can't unless you set up the email server.

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
SPF: Sender Policy Framework.

The domain owner sets up a special DNS (Domain Name Service) record that tells other email servers on the 'net which servers may legitimately send email purporting to be from that domain.

Email allegedly from that domain, from a server not listed in that domain's SPF record, will be flagged or rejected.

E.g.: The domain owner for example.com says that only mail.example.com can send email for example.com. When spoofer.example.net sends an email to victim.example.org that claims to be from jallen@example.com, the receiving email server looks at example.com's SPF record, sees the spoofer.example.net is not on it, and rejects the email outright.

Either longhornband.net has its SPF record screwed up, or RR has its mail servers misconfigured. Hard to say, from what you've given us.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^
Someone at RR or longhorn made changes to the mail servers, DNS or pathing and now. SPF record is invalid.

Some or all outbound email from those domains will likely fail SPF checks.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post