SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LAPD Chief warns of Apocalypse if National Concealed Carry passes-
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LAPD Chief warns of Apocalypse if National Concealed Carry passes- Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Oh, because lawful citizens carrying a weapon is dangerous but not address the rampant societal problem of violent gangs, thugs and other criminals.

Criminals are accepted as part of life but lawful citizens with guns are not acceptable? LAPD - because they are an example of law enforcement's finest? Please....

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12717 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Beck suggested that national reciprocity would create an environment where anyone could carry and police would be powerless to stop them: “If LAPD officers stopped someone with a loaded, concealed handgun, that person could claim to live in a state where permits weren’t necessary, and the officers would be unable to confirm whether it was true.”

What an amazingly clueless imbecile.

This is a perfect example of him saying something he knows is not true but also realizes the ignorant people who listen to him will believe it

And the press carrying his water and not at least asking if a driver's licence could possibly indicate state of residence

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It won't matter anyway 'cos we're goin' to 250 Celsius!!

Or 232.778C

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Real Venusians don't need guns.

Posts: 107556 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
"How can an idiot be a policeman?" Chief Inspector Dreyfus

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Beck suggested that national reciprocity would create an environment where anyone could carry and police would be powerless to stop them: “If LAPD officers stopped someone with a loaded, concealed handgun, that person could claim to live in a state where permits weren’t necessary, and the officers would be unable to confirm whether it was true.”

He is not 'clueless.'

He is LYING.

He's trying to scare the sheep, just like all the idiots with their 'blood in the streets' claims after klinton's AWB died. . . He KNOWS he is purposefully spreading falsehoods, in a vain attempt to stir up opposition to the proposal.

Just like this line:
quote:
Unbelievably, [Rep. Hudson’s bill] would allow an individual denied a permit in California to cross the border to a more permissive state, obtain a permit there, then return to California — with a new right to carry here.

When I got my Colorado CCW, I had to prove residency. I don't know about every other state, but I refuse to believe that just anybody can bop into any state they want and pick up a CCW permit.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21844 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know about every other state, but I refuse to believe that just anybody can bop into any state they want and pick up a CCW permit.

You can obtain permits from some states without ever setting foot in those states.

When Missouri passed their CCW laws, a lawmaker I knew told me that he was confident court battles would delay the issuance of permits. He was right. He suggested that I obtain an out of state permit seeing that the law would recognize those. This would allow me to carry until I could obtain my Missouri permit.

I applied for and received a permit from Florida. Last time I was physically in Florida I was still in diapers. Wink

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
He is not 'clueless.'

He is LYING.

Correct answer

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
"How can an idiot be a policeman?" Chief Inspector Dreyfus

In kommiefornistan they actively search them out. As evidenced by this idiot.

Not to mention all the others, at least in those 3-4 commie havens.

Don't forget ol' Moonbeam is there and all the "good" he has done. Like putting the state in TWO TRILLION DOLLARS OF DEBT!

I feel sorry for the rational thinking folks trapped in that state.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I believe that you are incorrect. I do not believe he could have reached such a high rank being so stupid. I think it would be more accurate to characterize him as a lying statist sack of feline fecal material.

ETA: I apologize for any offense I may have caused poor innocent feline fecal material.

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
He's right you know. Look at all the "blood in the streets" Wild West scenarios that came true each time a state passed concealed carry.
^^^This. No media ever challenges these ridiculous claims by these morons which tells you where the media stands on the subject.

Simple question to 'Chief' Roll Eyes Beck..."Please offer 'one' example nationwide where CC became commonplace and supported, where crime went up and police officers were shot in increased numbers by CC permit holders." Game over.
quote:
Just like this line:

Unbelievably, [Rep. Hudson’s bill] would allow an individual denied a permit in California to cross the border to a more permissive state, obtain a permit there, then return to California — with a new right to carry here.
Absolutely not Mr. Beck! Rights do not emanate from government decree. Rights are god given, as is noted in the 2A for this one, along with the inarguable phrase "shall not be infringed".

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:

Gee, Chief Beck, what do you do in the LAPD if someone claims to be a licensed driver - are your officers also unable to confirm if that is true? Roll Eyes

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
He's right you know. Look at all the "blood in the streets" Wild West scenarios that came true each time a state passed concealed carry.
^^^This. No media ever challenges these ridiculous claims by these morons which tells you where the media stands on the subject.

Simple question to 'Chief Beck..."Please offer one example nationwide where CC became commonplace and supported, where crime went up and police officers were shot in increased numbers by CC permit holders." Game over.

Goebbels lives, tell a lie big enough and often enough . . . . However these days, liberals have become so brainwashed, they can stare at the truth and either deny or ignore it.

A few years ago a prominent Bay Area talk radio host did a show on CCW, he commented he couldn't imagine walking in downtown San Francisco, looking around at all the people, wondering who had a permit and was carrying. The question was asked "what about all those who don't have a permit and are carrying?". Well, er, uh, it's time for a commercial.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and !
http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...un-control-laws.html

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54625 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuck416:
Apparantly, the Chief did not read 'The Mustard Report'. Or, he believes that the LA community is somehow a different cultural environment that every other urban environment in he US. It is my understanding that in every single urban environment where C/C has been introduced, violent crime on the citizenry has been reduced. Perhaps he is simply a form of the breed that thinks he (or his environment) is somehow "special".

Is there a link to that report? It sounds like it might be worth reading.

Posts: 4585 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Beck claimed:

Unbelievably, [Rep. Hudson’s bill] would allow an individual who had their constitutional rights infringed upon denied a permit in by California to cross the border to a more permissive state, obtain a permit there, then return to California — with the ability to exercise their rights under the Constitution a new right to carry here.

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:

He is LYING.

Gee... If only lying by a public official while in the course of performing their job was illegal. We could use asset forfeiture to seize all of his assets and then make him use money from who knows where to prove which assets he had that were not obtained as part of his criminal activity...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
No wonder he's terrified. Since there is no one illegally carrying firearms in California this clearly is a path to gun crime run amok.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
You can obtain permits from some states without ever setting foot in those states.

When Missouri passed their CCW laws, a lawmaker I knew told me that he was confident court battles would delay the issuance of permits. He was right. He suggested that I obtain an out of state permit seeing that the law would recognize those. This would allow me to carry until I could obtain my Missouri permit.

I applied for and received a permit from Florida. Last time I was physically in Florida I was still in diapers. Wink

I'd like to know more about that, please! I have a long-expired FL CCW permit. Your post makes me wonder if I can get it renewed, even though I'm a CA resident now. What documents did you have to submit?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I'd like to know more about that, please! I have a long-expired FL CCW permit. Your post makes me wonder if I can get it renewed, even though I'm a CA resident now. What documents did you have to submit?

Check with your LGS - there is probably someone giving classes for FL & UT CCW classes. I believe AZ is pretty much a send away paperwork exercise as well. Note that different states recognize different state's permits and some states only recognize resident permits from the states that they recognize permits from.

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post