SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What sweet edible treats make you cave ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What sweet edible treats make you cave ? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
I don't eat sweets often and I suspect some avoid them almost entirely for a number of reasons. I am curious what the sweets are that you will make an exception for and treat yourself?

For me, I think I would have to go with large holiday versions of Reeses and good chocolate no bake oatmeal cookies like we make at home sometimes. The cookies need plenty of oats and should not be gooey or I lose interest.

If either of those are around the house, I'm having some. I may even have a chocolate oatmeal cookie for breakfast if available - oatmeal is healthy you know.

I can think of one or two other items, but they are even more dependent on who makes them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Oz_Shadow,

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
M&M's Peanut or caramel filled, and now they have these brownie filled M&Ms...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Anything that has chocolate and peanut butter.

Posts: 10186 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Major sweets junkie, so it doesn't take much to tip me over the edge.

Malted Milk Balls or malt-center Easter Eggs are impossible for me to resist and if I buy a bag of maple-nut goodies, an open bag is an empty bag.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Chocolate. Real chocolate. Not the chocolate-colored stuff they sell in grocery stores, supermarkets, party stores, and the like.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maple cookies from Trader Joe's. My nearest TJ is an hour and a half away but I make the trip every few months to stock up on cookies and other TJ treats.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has a low threshold
for bullshit
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post
Archway Cookies Frosty Lemon

Posts: 1687 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm not a big fan of most sugary desserts, especially candy and chocolate. I'd rather have an apple than a candy bar.

But my exceptions are fruit pies and cobblers (especially apple ones), fruit breads (like banana bread or blueberry muffins), peppermints, Fig Newtons, Peppermint Jo-Jos, and pancakes with real maple syrup.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Ice cream, specifically Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate.

Watermelon is a close second. I love it and don't like to share!

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Luckily I don't crave any sweets. I'm fine w/o them. That is until something is offered to me, then that one little cookie isn't enough. A couple months back someone at work had oreo cookies and offered me one. I hadn't had Oreos in years.
5 min. later:
Me: Are you going to finish those?
10 min. later:
Me: Don't ever bring those in again. Big Grin

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
chocolate covered caramels!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm fond of many different sweets, especially those with milk chocolate. My favorites would be Clark bars, malted milk balls, and Baby Ruths.

quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
Ice cream, specifically Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate.
Me, too!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Chocolate in general, Snickers bars, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, fudge and brownies in particular.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
I seem to be addicted to sugar, so they are all a challenge for me. If I had to nominate a specific item it would be Snickers.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Fruit pie or cobbler.
Homemade peach ice cream.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Chocolate covered Raisins - Get me every time.

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bearclaws

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just about anything citrus.

Posts: 985 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cinnamon bears
Malt balls (not Whoppers)
Licorice
M&M peanut

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
M&M Peanuts, Snickers, and I have laser tracking capabilities on Baby Ruth bars. Smile

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post