SIGforum
What sweet edible treats make you cave ?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5830074074

May 22, 2020, 12:59 PM
Oz_Shadow
What sweet edible treats make you cave ?
I don't eat sweets often and I suspect some avoid them almost entirely for a number of reasons. I am curious what the sweets are that you will make an exception for and treat yourself?

For me, I think I would have to go with large holiday versions of Reeses and good chocolate no bake oatmeal cookies like we make at home sometimes. The cookies need plenty of oats and should not be gooey or I lose interest.

If either of those are around the house, I'm having some. I may even have a chocolate oatmeal cookie for breakfast if available - oatmeal is healthy you know.

I can think of one or two other items, but they are even more dependent on who makes them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Oz_Shadow,
May 22, 2020, 01:12 PM
HRK
M&M's Peanut or caramel filled, and now they have these brownie filled M&Ms...
May 22, 2020, 01:17 PM
kx90
Anything that has chocolate and peanut butter.
May 22, 2020, 01:19 PM
PHPaul
Major sweets junkie, so it doesn't take much to tip me over the edge.

Malted Milk Balls or malt-center Easter Eggs are impossible for me to resist and if I buy a bag of maple-nut goodies, an open bag is an empty bag.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
May 22, 2020, 01:32 PM
ensigmatic
Chocolate. Real chocolate. Not the chocolate-colored stuff they sell in grocery stores, supermarkets, party stores, and the like.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
May 22, 2020, 01:47 PM
PossibleZombie
Maple cookies from Trader Joe's. My nearest TJ is an hour and a half away but I make the trip every few months to stock up on cookies and other TJ treats.
May 22, 2020, 01:48 PM
Ivan
Archway Cookies Frosty Lemon
May 22, 2020, 01:52 PM
RogueJSK
I'm not a big fan of most sugary desserts, especially candy and chocolate. I'd rather have an apple than a candy bar.

But my exceptions are fruit pies and cobblers (especially apple ones), fruit breads (like banana bread or blueberry muffins), peppermints, Fig Newtons, Peppermint Jo-Jos, and pancakes with real maple syrup.
May 22, 2020, 01:53 PM
cheesegrits
Ice cream, specifically Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate.

Watermelon is a close second. I love it and don't like to share!
dsiets
Luckily I don't crave any sweets. I'm fine w/o them. That is until something is offered to me, then that one little cookie isn't enough. A couple months back someone at work had oreo cookies and offered me one. I hadn't had Oreos in years.
5 min. later:
Me: Are you going to finish those?
10 min. later:
Me: Don't ever bring those in again. Big Grin
MRMATT
chocolate covered caramels!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.
May 22, 2020, 01:58 PM
flashguy
I'm fond of many different sweets, especially those with milk chocolate. My favorites would be Clark bars, malted milk balls, and Baby Ruths.

quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
Ice cream, specifically Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate.
Me, too!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
May 22, 2020, 02:02 PM
egregore
Chocolate in general, Snickers bars, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, fudge and brownies in particular.
May 22, 2020, 02:10 PM
bdylan
I seem to be addicted to sugar, so they are all a challenge for me. If I had to nominate a specific item it would be Snickers.
May 22, 2020, 02:10 PM
arfmel
Fruit pie or cobbler.
Homemade peach ice cream.
May 22, 2020, 02:20 PM
RGRacing
Chocolate covered Raisins - Get me every time.
May 22, 2020, 02:29 PM
airbubba
bearclaws
May 22, 2020, 03:22 PM
Tejas421
Just about anything citrus.
May 22, 2020, 03:23 PM
Russ59
Cinnamon bears
Malt balls (not Whoppers)
Licorice
M&M peanut

P229
May 22, 2020, 03:23 PM
LS1 GTO
M&M Peanuts, Snickers, and I have laser tracking capabilities on Baby Ruth bars. Smile

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers