SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The BLT has been displaced as my favorite sandwich
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The BLT has been displaced as my favorite sandwich Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
You’re not using enough bacon.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8930 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Gotta be honest, I love Marmite, bacon, and peanut butter, but that sandwich sounds like acute chest pains to me. Jesus, you add seasoned salt to boot? Eek

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile: The PB tends to overpower the flavor of the bacon IMO.

Pipe Smoker is on the right track.

It's like saying there is no ham taste in a ham & cheese sandwich, guess the remedy?

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Don'cha love pure logic? Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the Cream Cheese and Olives sammich.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
HEATHENS, I tell you. HEATHENS!!!

Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
BLT with a side order of chili fries. Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Muffaletta sammy is my favorite. N'awlins, please.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
Muffaletta sammy is my favorite. N'awlins, please.

Yes, please X1000%

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Indeed. And an oyster Po-boy doesn't suck, either.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
From The Harbor Seafood and Oyster Bar in Kenner, LA...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: erj_pilot,

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I agree, Jim!! Always a crowd pleaser!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Just stay away from this stuff:
Ron Swanson's solution to vegan bacon

Michael

Posts: 1099 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Good God Pipe Smoker, I don't know what's in your pipe man, but you need to lay off that shit.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20809 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Good God Pipe Smoker, I don't know what's in your pipe man, but you need to lay off that shit.

I smoke tobacco – very fine tobacco indeed.

And I still think that BLTs are wonderfully good sandwiches, but bacon & peanut butter sandwiches are even better. And, unlike tomatoes, PB is always in season!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8930 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I never heard of this or thought of it as a combination. I love peanut butter, so I just might have to try it. On a side note, I’m sure most outside of NJ have never heard of or tried the greatest sandwich ever created.. The Taylor Ham Egg and Cheese.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by njauto:

I’m sure most outside of NJ have never heard of or tried the greatest sandwich ever created.. The Taylor Ham Egg and Cheese.
For a couple of years I worked for Digital Equipment in their Saddle Brook NJ location. There was a small lunch counter type place on the ground floor of the office building.

One morning I stopped in for a coffee on my way to work. I noticed the Taylor Ham sandwich on the menu. I had never heard of it, so I tried one. I became an instant fan.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Taylor Pork Roll, swiss cheese, spicy brown mustard on toast. Add the cheese to the hot Taylors for some melt.

Bacon and peanut butter best served on toast. Add the PB when the toast is hot to get a melt going.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by njauto:

I’m sure most outside of NJ have never heard of or tried the greatest sandwich ever created.. The Taylor Ham Egg and Cheese.
For a couple of years I worked for Digital Equipment in their Saddle Brook NJ location. There was a small lunch counter type place on the ground floor of the office building.

One morning I stopped in for a coffee on my way to work. I noticed the Taylor Ham sandwich on the menu. I had never heard of it, so I tried one. I became an instant fan.

How to make ‘em:

www.google.com/amp/s/spoonuniv...lor-ham-sandwich/amp

Taylor Ham is offered on Amazon, in rather large quantities.

Serious about crackers

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

Taylor Ham is offered on Amazon, in rather large quantities.
For fans of this stuff, who live in the southeast, Publix carries small packages. Six ounces, if memory is correct.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post