SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The BLT has been displaced as my favorite sandwich
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The BLT has been displaced as my favorite sandwich Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
I learned of the bacon & peanut butter sandwich from member Johnny 3eagles in “The Bacon Bible” thread:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...820093264#8820093264

And I’m grateful – it’s delicious! But I subsequently added a twist of my own – Marmite. Marmite is a love-it-or-hate-it condiment, but it goes so well with peanut butter. In fact, the company that makes Marmite also makes peanut butter with Marmite mixed in:

www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q6Z8HQK/r..._api_i_Uiy0DbYPHJZ8W

But I prefer to use my own Marmite, so that I control the proportions – I use quite a lot of Marmite. And Lordy, this sandwich is so good.

For those new to Marmite, spread it on thinly. Marmite is like hot sauce in that you develop an accommodation for it with experience, but initially just a little too much produces a bitter taste.

I also put seasoning salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper on the sandwich.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
The BLT has been displaced as my favorite sandwich
I thought you were going to nominate the Popeye's chicken sandwich!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I love pb and bacon sandwiches. My mom has made them since I was a kid.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
The BLT has been displaced as my favorite sandwich
I thought you were going to nominate the Popeye's chicken sandwich!

I would not have been surprised; I heard they’re worth fighting for.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The Reuben baby Wink

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
The cuban is neck and neck with BLT. Tie most of the year, but BLT wins when my garden is producing organic, vine ripened tomatoes.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Tatortodd, everybody knows, when you have vine ripened 'maters, bacon and peanut butter, you make a PB and Bacon sammich and eat the tomato like a apple!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hot Brown, openfaced sammich of awesomeness!

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Ummm, no. Hard pass on the peanut butter.

My version of the Blt is grilled, open faced with cheese. Pull it off the pan, add mayo, tomatoes, lettuce and close it up.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:

ARman

Very, very true!!!

Me mum turned me on to the Hot Brown sammich.

She would often say that's what Thanksgiving is for; turkey for Hot Browns! Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
I love pb and bacon sandwiches. My mom has made them since I was a kid.

My Grandmother turned me on to those when I was young. I tell the 'kids' at work (I am the 'old man') about these sandwiches and they look at me like I am crazy.

Posts: 1296 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I used to eat peanut butter and bacon sandwiches when I was a kid, it's been decades.
It was all because of Elvis (I personally skipped the sliced bananas on mine)

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
But I prefer to use my own Marmite...
Eh? Must be a talented little thing if it can make a sammich.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A local deli favorite is the Sailor sandwich invented right here in Virginia, Richmond to be specific. Pastrami, knockwurst, swiss cheese grilled on rye bread with one's choice of mustard. My experience with peanut butter is that every 5-10 years or so, I get to thinking, "you like peanuts and you like butter. I bet you'd like peanut butter". Then I would eat some and remember why I don't like it.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:

ARman

Very, very true!!!

Me mum turned me on to the Hot Brown sammich.

She would often say that's what Thanksgiving is for; turkey for Hot Browns! Big Grin

I never heard of this before, I had to bing it, looks and sounds good.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
It truly is AWESOME!

As you folks are away snowbirding, there may be a chance to return via Kentucky, home of this delicious sammich Smile

BACON!!!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Six Days on the Road
Picture of vandrv
posted Hide Post
Nice marmot.

Posts: 759 | Location: The Boulevard of Broken Dreams | Registered: June 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
But I prefer to use my own Marmite...
Eh? Must be a talented little thing if it can make a sammich.

ETA: Damn, beaten to it.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I'm a guy that likes peanut butter, peanut butter and roast beef sandwiches, peanut butter and chicken sandwiches, peanut butter and whatever. I must say though, that after reading the peanut butter and bacon post and giving it a try that I was not impressed! The PB tends to overpower the flavor of the bacon IMO.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post