SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    10 Years and Multiple Karmas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10 Years and Multiple Karmas Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted
While it is a bit hard to believe (for a number of reasons), I have passed the 10-year mark on Sig Forum. One of the things I have always admired the most was “karmas”... something I REALLY need to get back into on the giving end!

In the first few months of membership, I won two different karmas. The one that continues to give me joy is the Fenix TK-11 “tactical” flashlight, provided by a member whom I can unfortunately no longer remember their name!

Ten years later, and many recharges of the 18650 lithium-ion batteries it uses, and my Fenix flashlight is STILL going strong! And for the record, it LITERALLY gets used every single day!!!

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! While I too have won some Karmas and some unannounced ones too, I also need to send some things out.

What's your 5 string? Looks like an Ibanez? Playing long? So many questions...

I've been playing for 30 odd years now. 1977 Rickenbacker 4001 in Azureglo, a 1998 Warwick Thumb6 NT, Cort Viva5 active, Squire 4 string, Vester 4 string, and an acoustic 5 string that I can't remember what it is right now.

I'm playing through a Carvin R1000 and RL410 as the RL118 has a fried speaker. Looking for another head though. Thought I wanted an all tube head but not sure I want the upfront cost and maintenance cost after. The old Acoustics sound half decent online. I need to find one locally to jam through.

Sorry for the thread drift...

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Congrats! While I too have won some Karmas and some unannounced ones too, I also need to send some things out.

What's your 5 string? Looks like an Ibanez? Playing long? So many questions...<<snip>>

Yes, it is an Ibanez SoundGear. Technically, the one shown as my avatar has been sold, and replaced by a new one from the "Premium" line... an SR-2405W in "Caribbean Green" (looks more blue than green), and all hardware is gold. It is THE finest bass guitar I've ever owned or played, setup was perfect from the factory, and the Aguilar open-pole double-coil pickups (either active or passive) sound better than any of the Bartolini's from past SoundGear basses!

I've been playing 20 years now and started out with a SoundGear 5-string bass, and while I have experimented with two other brands in my early days, for the past 15 years it's been 100% SoundGear only... I simply do not WANT anything else! Oh, and since I started with a 5-string, I am totally lost if somebody where to hand me a 4-string. Eek Big Grin

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post