SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazon Key - they’ll just leave your packages inside
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Key - they’ll just leave your packages inside Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Hell no.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I say no way in hell. My man eating German shepherd however seems to be pleased with the idea.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Sorry, no.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I got the email about it today. They want you to disarm your alarm too. Eek

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
I could actually see myself building a closet type thing off the garage where this service could be used.

This is the solution. An externally accessible secure storage closet, like a big POBox next to the garage door.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
No way. Not on my watch. Don't trust Bezos or hackers. Alexia already eavesdrops which kept it out of my home.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With Google/Gmail, Amazon, Facebook and others, who needs the NSA!

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So to prevent the small possibly of a single package being stolen im going to give a total stranger complete access to everything I own?

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I was waiting on a delivery from Amazon. I got an email around 3 pm stating my package had been delivered and that “the homeowner took delivery and signed for it”. Well, only problem is it wasn’t me. And since when do you sign for a $40 item. Fortunately a neighbor put the package on my porch 30 minutes later. I guess they didn’t need a new holster.

In the past, I’ve never had any problems with Amazon and have actually been quite pleased with Amazon. They get it right more than the USPS does anyway. Still, no way in hell I’d give them full access to my home. What happened to the drone idea? I thought that idea was a doozie.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I'd sooner pay to seal in my porch and put a lock on the door and give them access to that.

Posts: 6345 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IF I had an airlock entry way with a lockable door at both ends, then sure. Let the Amazon guy into the airlock to drop stuff off in a dry, less visible place, but keep the door to the rest of the house locked via a different key.

Otherwise, hell no.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But the delivery men are all thoroughly vetted. And there is a video camera. What could go wrong ?

[/sarcasm]

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
OK, alarm disarmed. Check.
Dog quarantined. Check.
Goofball with clear access to my home. Check.
Whatever could go wrong??? Eek

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
One of the last "techs" DirecTV sent to my home was all tatted up and actin' kinda hinky, calling me "bossman".

Yes, but I like to refer to people as "Hoss". Could that be deemed offensive? Confused

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Not just no today but no everyday. I do not want them entering my house nor do I want their spy camera mounted inside my house.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
With Google/Gmail, Amazon, Facebook and others, who needs the NSA!

I can't remember who said it, but this fits right in: 'Our freedom won't be taken away from us. We'll give it away willingly'.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I just heard a story about people hacking into people's smart thermostats and lights. No chance someone could hack a front door lock hundreds of drivers across the country have access to

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
No effin' way, though I bet my Pit would have fun with a stranger coming into the house.
I don't think the stranger would enjoy it too much.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post