SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazon Key - they’ll just leave your packages inside
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Key - they’ll just leave your packages inside Login/Join 
posted
https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=17285120011

Not at home? No problem. With Amazon Key they’ll just let themselves inside to drop off your packages.

Not for me. Wow.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Um... No.

Although my dogs might like to eat a delivery guy...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll take my chances with the package on the porch

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only 250 bucks too. In my formative years as a paper boy, many of my customers wanted me to bring the paper into the house and leave it in the kitchen.
I did that for free.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

A thread within a thread.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Just letting you know

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon, but I'm not interested in this service. I'd rather put a big lock box out back they could put packages in if I had concerns.

I'm building a new house next year...I could actually see myself building a closet type thing off the garage where this service could be used. I'd be okay with that, but I don't want them having access to my home.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a UPS P.O. box. They sign for everything. Easy peasy.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
HA! And you guys were worried about the Roomba mapping our houses!!! Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
backed by the Amazon Key happiness guarantee

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help...&pf_rd_i=17285120011

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
Alexa - why is there a dead hooker in the trunk of my car?

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Alexa - did you see a sign out front that said dead hooker storage?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Who comes up with these stupid ideas? The same azz'ole who thinks it's a good idea to THROW your new TV over the fence or wall?

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Have you seen the sketchy guys who deliver now? I'm not sure I want them entering my home.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
Have you seen the sketchy guys who deliver now? I'm not sure I want them entering my home.

Haha, yeah, who are those guys. The other day, some dude dropped off stuff at my house in a freaking mini van. No markings, just street clothes.

Then the next day, it's a UPS truck.

I'm curious now. I think the dudes with no markings deliver prime pantry stuff? He did drop off 40lbs of cat litter...

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yea, that's a big double handful of nope, in this thread and the other one, too. Not in a million years.

One of the last "techs" DirecTV sent to my home was all tatted up and actin' kinda hinky, calling me "bossman".

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I can't get them to lean an extra foot and a half to put the packages behind the giant flower pots on the steps, as opposed to leaving them right in the middle of the steps like they do now. They're going to come all the way into the house? They'd have to climb two steps!

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Even if the delivery person is honest...criminals could just watch which houses they go into and kick their back doors in knowing no one is home. They could also get a nice long look inside to case your house and tell their friends when you aren't home. Nothing I buy is worth giving strangers access to my home.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post