SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rubber/silicone kitchen spatulas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rubber/silicone kitchen spatulas Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
Do you have a drawer full of shitty ones? I did and now they are all on their way to a landfill. These just arrived from Amazon and they're awesome. They are available in red or black. I got a set of three.

Link to original video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_dddKEiPHE

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Jim, I need/want to order these.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I prefer Sy Greenblum's spatulas.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XbCWmY0eqY

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
^ ^ ^ Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Sold - thanks for the tip!

One large red one on the way from Walmart @ $11.97 with no tax (strange), ships free.

My current one (a gift) is the one where the handle sticks into the head like a popsicle stick (at 1:40 in OP's video), and it is annoying.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we have found that you pretty much can't go wrong with A.T.K. stuff

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of silicone "spoonulas" (slightly cupped) that I bought at Ace Hardware. They're wonderful. After getting these, I tossed all of my other flexible spatulas out.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
That's why I love the SIG forum. Have been on the lookout for something better than the crappy spatulas we have now.

Thank you!

Posts: 724 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great info. I watch ATK every Saturday on PBS/NPT but hadn't seen this piece yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Sold - thanks for the tip!

One large red one on the way from Walmart @ $11.97 with no tax (strange), ships free.

My current one (a gift) is the one where the handle sticks into the head like a popsicle stick (at 1:40 in OP's video), and it is annoying.
Received it today. Awesome!

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had Rubbermaid, two piece jobs. Mold or mildew was coming out of the handle area when I washed dishes ten minutes ago. I tried to clean it but became disgusted and trashed it. Read your post and ordered on Prime. Now I have an answer for SWMBO when she asked where her thing is.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
Great timing. I just threw away my melamine spatulas (due to health concerns... loved the nice smooth surface) and have been using wood but it's hard to clean and maintain.

Looking forward to trying this out. Amazon Prime to the rescue!

P

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post