SIGforum
Rubber/silicone kitchen spatulas

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5830030324

April 20, 2017, 02:40 PM
Jim Shugart
Rubber/silicone kitchen spatulas
Do you have a drawer full of shitty ones? I did and now they are all on their way to a landfill. These just arrived from Amazon and they're awesome. They are available in red or black. I got a set of three.

Link to original video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_dddKEiPHE

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
April 20, 2017, 02:51 PM
cne32507
Thanks, Jim, I need/want to order these.
April 20, 2017, 02:53 PM
pbramlett
I prefer Sy Greenblum's spatulas.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XbCWmY0eqY

Regards,

P.
April 20, 2017, 03:00 PM
Jim Shugart
^ ^ ^ Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
April 20, 2017, 04:07 PM
mikeyspizza
Sold - thanks for the tip!

One large red one on the way from Walmart @ $11.97 with no tax (strange), ships free.

My current one (a gift) is the one where the handle sticks into the head like a popsicle stick (at 1:40 in OP's video), and it is annoying.
April 21, 2017, 10:10 AM
bendable
we have found that you pretty much can't go wrong with A.T.K. stuff

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
April 21, 2017, 11:39 AM
Pipe Smoker
I have a couple of silicone "spoonulas" (slightly cupped) that I bought at Ace Hardware. They're wonderful. After getting these, I tossed all of my other flexible spatulas out.

Serious about crackers
April 21, 2017, 12:04 PM
Sauer Kraut
That's why I love the SIG forum. Have been on the lookout for something better than the crappy spatulas we have now.

Thank you!
April 22, 2017, 03:55 PM
FRANKT
Great info. I watch ATK every Saturday on PBS/NPT but hadn't seen this piece yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan
April 22, 2017, 04:17 PM
mikeyspizza
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Sold - thanks for the tip!

One large red one on the way from Walmart @ $11.97 with no tax (strange), ships free.

My current one (a gift) is the one where the handle sticks into the head like a popsicle stick (at 1:40 in OP's video), and it is annoying.
Received it today. Awesome!
April 22, 2017, 06:48 PM
Fredward
I had Rubbermaid, two piece jobs. Mold or mildew was coming out of the handle area when I washed dishes ten minutes ago. I tried to clean it but became disgusted and trashed it. Read your post and ordered on Prime. Now I have an answer for SWMBO when she asked where her thing is.
April 22, 2017, 07:02 PM
PeterGV
Great timing. I just threw away my melamine spatulas (due to health concerns... loved the nice smooth surface) and have been using wood but it's hard to clean and maintain.

Looking forward to trying this out. Amazon Prime to the rescue!

P