SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What’s on your plate today?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s on your plate today? Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Beef pasties with beef gravy Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Prime rib, cheeseburger pie, garlic stuffed olives and sauerkraut. Black coffee. < recipe link makes 2 9" pies.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Prime rib cheeseburger pie..... that actually sounds interesting.
But then again you had me at “Prime Rib”!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight I am preparing a large homemade meatloaf with potatoes and gravy. Not sure of the veggie yet. It is overcast, raining, and cold(for us), so this sounds right to me.

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Local grocery store had tomahawk ribeyes in stock.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My wife is making a pot of “Cabbage Roll” soup for tonight.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I went to Chick-Fil-A.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
My boss and I went to a little hole-in-the-wall taco place by our work.

These are some absolute bomb tacos.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
As I do from time to time, I decided today I'd go low-fat, low-salt, low-processed food. So I made a dish I call "Chickpea Stew Surprise."

No-salt diced tomatoes, no-salt green beans, no-salt garbanzos, natural chickpea pasta, no-salt, no-fat vegetable broth. Add a bunch of seasoning (thyme, oregano, garlic, bay leaves, fennel seed, pepper -- basically grab stuff from the cupboard) heat and let sit. Ladle into a bowl and squirt some Sriracha on it and eat. Yum!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
What'll ya have?

Two slaw dogs and a side of rings from the Varsity!

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
From a day ago, but homemade chilli with Sausage, Flat Iron steak, and ground beef.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Made a home favorite, tonight, we've not made in a while...

Shrimp with Lobster Sauce.

Our version is loaded with shrimps and has lots of extra veggies Smile

It's enough for more than one meal Big Grin

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
With the crazy weather here (70℉ Saturday, and snow last night and today), warming food was called for. Whipped up some borscht, served hot with plenty of sour cream, to do the trick!

https://www.food.com/recipe/russian-borscht-169711

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16205 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Borscht is good for the soul!

We finished off the Shrimp with Lobster Sauce Big Grin

Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Too much F'n work. Oh you meant food. I'll have what he's having ^^^^ Big Grin

Posts: 4014 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Borscht is good for the soul!

We finished off the Shrimp with Lobster Sauce Big Grin

Indeed Frank. Used the last batch of 4 cups of shredded beets I had frozen. Fresh beets are hard to come by around here. Those were from a friend's garden.

Your shrimp sounded great too. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16205 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Frozen burritos, but I made these after the recent ribeye thread on Saturday.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
All I see are ugly plates.

I’m still hungry, though. Razz

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17276 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Indeed Frank. Used the last batch of 4 cups of shredded beets I had frozen. Fresh beets are hard to come by around here. Those were from a friend's garden.

Your shrimp sounded great too. Smile

You did well, friend. Excellent planning and execution Big Grin

Thanks. Have an old cookbook my folks used as base for the recipe and have just run with it...

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Local grocery store had tomahawk ribeyes in stock.

Damn, dude. Doing it right!

quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
These are some absolute bomb tacos.

Yeah, that looks like the real deal, there. Nice.

I'm going cheap tonight. Craving ramen, of all things. My wife picked up some smoked asian pork slices and green onions for me. Gonna throw those in there after I mix in an egg.

It doesn't compare to anything in this thread, but I'm coming off pneumonia and I'm trying to listen to my body. I rarely crave anything, food-wise, but I felt like I had to have this tonight.

Should Para feel like sharing his frijoles recipe, this native Texan would surely appreciate it. Smile

Posts: 17120 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post