SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What’s on your plate today?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s on your plate today? Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted
I know we have quite a few culinary artisans here.
My wife & I are always looking for ideas.
Please post up any good meals you guys are having ....
With or without protection Wink

Tonight we’re having Loaded Baked Potato Soup with cheddar cheese, bacon & onion.

Spuds are from my wife’s garden.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In about 3-4 hours I will be having leftover Bratwurst. Not exciting but still good.
Have to get this night's work done first though.
Saturday over the weekend, I smoked a smaller petite filet. That turned out awsome but I ate it all. Didn't take any pictures.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Mrs. made white bean soup. Mmhmm...

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HEB had Boston Butts on sale for $1 a lb. I got 7 1/2 lber, Put a rub on it, covered the bottom of the crockpot withs onions and cranberries, put the butt in the pot, covered it with a few more onion slices, poured in one Shiner Bock and cooked it on low all night. It was excellent.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Way more than I deserve. At this time of year I’m especially thankful that I’m able to provide for a family that’s never known true hunger.

That out of the way I made some kalbi (Korean bbq) short ribs last night that were out of sight.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Chili. Made from three kinds of meat. Sausage, ground beef, and flat iron steak. Here's the steak as I pulled from grill. Didn't get a picture of a bowl or the rest of the meat going in. I assure you it was yummy, maybe I'll edit post later to show leftovers if wife ever gets home from work.

Yes I put beans in it, two types even, pinto and kidney. Flame on.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No pics as it was dark already.
But I had fresh pork chops, grilled.
When I say fresh, I mean I picked up a hog that was still kicking this morning, 4-5 hours or cutting and chopping and now I have a freezer full of real fresh pork.

Posts: 1177 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
My homemade frijoles- better than any frijoles you've ever tasted. Yellow rice. Grilled white meat chicken. Garnished with chopped cucumber and red onion.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My better half slow cooked one of my older steaks marinated in salsa.

It's going to have cheese and sour cream and be heavenly.

Simple yet tasty for 10 hour days.

Bless my Better Half.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I drove to the deepest darkest part of the netherworlds, also known as downtown Memphis, to pick up some to-go steak from Texas de Brazil. This is their slow time, and they sent us a 25% off coupon for take out, so tonight it's flank steak, garlic sirloin, house sirloin, and the new spicy sirloin, along with some rolls and fried bananas.

Diet? What diet?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
My homemade frijoles- better than any frijoles you've ever tasted. Yellow rice. Grilled white meat chicken. Garnished with chopped cucumber and red onion.

Sounds intriguing.....any chance of a recipe share? Big Grin

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Some Costco eggrolls with Costco cheese sticks coupled with a Costco salad. The first two were cooked on our new air fryer we bought last week at...........Costco.

Ya, we buy a lot there.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
I know we have quite a few culinary artisans here.
My wife & I are always looking for ideas.
Please post up any good meals you guys are having ....
With or without protection Wink

Tonight we’re having Loaded Baked Potato Soup with cheddar cheese, bacon & onion.

Spuds are from my wife’s garden.

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Last night's dinner.
Fresh baked focaccia bread. Balsamic and olive oil for dipping
Some extra sharp British cheddar and salami.
King crab legs, clarified butter and fresh squeezed lemon.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
That's some fancy looking beans, damn!

King > Snow by far.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Shrimp stir fry over rice. Sorry, no pics, but it was tasty.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Over the weekend, I spatchcocked a 6 lb hormone free, antibiotic free, preservative free whole chicken and smoked it on the BGE at 325 over oak lump with cherry chunks. My lady friend and I ate all the white meat over the weekend. Today, I one leftover thigh and leg.

I didn't take any pics.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Pho

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
broiled t-bone steaks , M m m m m m

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Putting a skim coat on the garage wall
Cleaning the study to prepare for guests coming.

What?

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post