SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia Governor election 7 Nov 2017 UPDATE: Virginia may need a coin toss to determine who won a local state House race
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia Governor election 7 Nov 2017 UPDATE: Virginia may need a coin toss to determine who won a local state House race Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Heh, heh. I'll give you desparate - Hillary Clinton seems to have decided to use Northam's campaign as a vehicle for her return (she hopes) to political relevance. Apparently she's just dipping a toe in by holding a fundraiser for him next week. Will she and her new posse, Onward Together, come steaming into the campaign in a big way? Will it help or hinder? Stay tuned in right here!

http://www.yahoo.com/news/hill...doesn-005112898.html

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
keep in mind that Gillespie came within a razor edge of beating Mark Warner in 2014.

The 3rd party candidate Sarvis was the difference.

The Libertarians just muck up the water. They may have some good ideas on some things but they have little chance of succeeding.

I worked with Robert Poole at General Research in Santa Barbara when he left the company to publish the Libertarian Magazine. He is very smart and one of the best individuals I have ever worked with and very motivating. Too bad they do not join the Republican Party and push they ideas where some of them may be incorporated.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Libertarians just muck up the water. They may have some good ideas on some things but they have little chance of succeeding.

Sarvis wasn't a Libertarian, just a Dem running on that ticket.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I think the republican is going to win. The democrat party has no message, it has nothing to offer but identify politics and accusations of racism, sexism and idiotic conspiracy theories. If there ever was a time for VA to start turning red again the time is now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I think the republican is going to win. The democrat party has no message, it has nothing to offer but identify politics and accusations of racism, sexism and idiotic conspiracy theories. If there ever was a time for VA to start turning red again the time is now.

Here's wishing for your prediction to happen. Speaking as a native Virginian.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-nra-rating-n2393048

Northam Tells Virginians He's 'Proud' of His 'F' NRA Rating

Ralph Northram (D) tweets:

A study in contrasts:

The @NRA is spending $1 million on Ed Gillespie's behalf.

Meanwhile, Ralph is proud of his F-rating

7 Nov Virginians. let's do it. Tell Northram what that F stands for.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.richmond.com/news/v...6d-ddcbafb50610.html

Former President Barack Obama will return to the campaign trail next Thursday to stump for Democratic gubernatorial nominee Ralph Northam at a rally in Richmond.

Virginia’s voter turnout — 72 percent in 2016 — usually drops by 25 to 30 percentage points in the year after a presidential election.

really important to vote

In a September survey by Mason-Dixon Polling & Strategy, Northam had the support of 75 percent of black respondents to 6 percent for Gillespie, but 18 percent were undecided.

Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
The democrat party has no message

That's never mattered before... they always just seem to air attack ads. But I hope you're right, stick.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
All the republican candidates are trailing in the last poll. I just hope they are wrong like they were in the presidential election.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ I could be wrong, but I don't think you have any reason to worry until after the primaries are over. Things often tend to shake out a little differently when the pollsters ask voters to choose between one Dem and one Republican.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
http://www.richmond.com/news/v...6d-ddcbafb50610.html

Former President Barack Obama will return to the campaign trail next Thursday to stump for Democratic gubernatorial nominee Ralph Northam at a rally in Richmond.

http://freebeacon.com/politics...blurb-rally-northam/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^ I hope BHO's efforts turns out to be the kiss of death in this race.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The primaries are over.

General election is 7 November 2017

"All the republican candidates" meant across different elected office positions

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.washingtonexaminer....ture/article/2637881

Ralph Northam, Virginia's Democratic nominee for governor, deleted his black running mate from his campaign fliers. His campaign says that's not a big deal.

Northam, the sitting lieutenant governor, removed a picture of Justin Fairfax on palm cards at the request of a labor union that supports him but opposes the lieutenant governor candidate.

There isn't any friction between the two though, says campaign spokesman David Turner. "This is a strong ticket," he added, "one that is working well together."

cause they are working so well together

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

But do not forget all those libtards from MD that got tired of living in the shit box they created there. Then they moved into the northern/border counties with MD, and promptly started recreating what they ran away from in MD.

And one has to wonder how many dead people voted "D" for McAwful in those northern counties.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the latest Monmouth poll dated 10/17/17, Gillespie had a 1 point lead.

"Currently, 48% of likely voters support Gillespie, the former national GOP party leader, and 47% support Northam, the Commonwealth's current lieutenant governor. Libertarian Cliff Hyra gets 3% of the vote and 3% are undecided. Last month, Northam had a 49% to 44% edge over Gillespie while the race was tied at 44% each in July."

https://www.monmouth.edu/polli...mouthPoll_VA_101717/

Northam was my local state Senator, and is a major progressive. Gillespie is a swamp creature, but is saying he will not permit sanctuary cities, and the GOP establishment is actually trying to win this one.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2180 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
So for those who feel like smashing your computer screen or getting nauseated. Listen starting in at 13:50 or so.

Good half hour or so of nonstop stream of bullshit and lies.

Obama speaks at Northman rally:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/I7mPVXphRdI

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
http://www.washingtonexaminer....ture/article/2637881

Ralph Northam, Virginia's Democratic nominee for governor, deleted his black running mate from his campaign fliers. His campaign says that's not a big deal.

Northam, the sitting lieutenant governor, removed a picture of Justin Fairfax on palm cards at the request of a labor union that supports him but opposes the lieutenant governor candidate.

There isn't any friction between the two though, says campaign spokesman David Turner. "This is a strong ticket," he added, "one that is working well together."

cause they are working so well together

I find this interesting because for some time, I have been asking people if they know who the Democratic candidate for Lieutenant Governor is. No one knew. I only found out from my NRA mailings. I didn't even know he was black until just this week, when I saw his first commercial. We've been seeing ads for Vogel, the Republican, for weeks. I guess this explains it.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Bloomberg, again.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...a-elections-n2399103

Bloomberg already had dumped $450k on Northam and $300k on Herring.

Now,

Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund, the political arm of one of the nation’s largest gun control groups, is pouring an additional $700,000 into Virginia elections.

The organization announced Monday it would donate $400,000 to Democratic gubernatorial candidate Ralph Northam and $300,000 to Democratic Attorney General Mark Herring’s re-election bid in the final two weeks before election day.

That comes on top of an earlier $1 million dollar commitment from the organization bankrolled by former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

Northam, the state’s lieutenant governor, reiterated his call to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. He also wants universal background checks and to restore Virginia’s one-gun-a-month purchase limits, which Republicans had overturned.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
don't get complacent, get excited

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...r-virginia-governor/

A new Hampton University poll released on Wednesday revealed that Virginia Republican gubernatorial candidate Ed Gillespie leads over Democrat nominee Ralph Northam by eight points.

The Hampton University revealed that 41 percent of likely voters back Gillespie, while 33 percent of likely voters support Northam. However, 27 percent of likely voters remain undecided. The margin of error for the polls is 4.2 percent, making Gillespie’s lead over Northam well above the margin of error.