SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia Governor election 7 Nov 2017 UPDATE: Virginia may need a coin toss to determine who won a local state House race
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia Governor election 7 Nov 2017 UPDATE: Virginia may need a coin toss to determine who won a local state House race Login/Join 
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I'll just be glad when this crap is over. I'm am so sick of all the negative ads.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
This is getting entertaining: Northam is now blaming Russian "bots" for the negative reaction to the contemptible LVF ad.

Bots! Russians! Russian Bots! It's them bots I tell you.

Yeah, that's the ticket: bots.

I smell desperation. I bet soon-to-be Governor Gillespie smells it too.

Hey Ralphie, need a tissue?

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
From reports on the internuts it appears Northam is holing up in NOVA for the last 24 hours before the polls open. Shoring up the vote in the most liberal region of the state is not the act of a confident Democratic candidate for a political office in Virginia.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After denying for months that the police were told to stand down by the liberal Charlottesville city administration during the riot, it was reported today, they were told to "check with their supervisors" before arresting anyone. If Northam is elected, expect more of the same.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I think Gillespie has a decent chance of winning because I don't believe the Trump revolution is over yet. In fact I think it's still ramping up. Weird maybe, but that's what my gut is still telling me, regardless of the politicized and corrupted "polls'. Like a previous poster said, the lessons of 2016 have not been learned, and I would agree.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8675 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
From reports on the internuts it appears Northam is holing up in NOVA for the last 24 hours before the polls open. Shoring up the vote in the most liberal region of the state is not the act of a confident Democratic candidate for a political office in Virginia.

Actually both he and Gillespie were in Roanoke today....

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6315 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Good luck today.

Posts: 6158 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Here we go! I am optimistic Gillespie can pull off a win today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Voted.

A reminder as the returns come in tonight - heavy DEM districts in VA always report last. There have been several elections where the REP was up 5% or so and then in the last hour of reporting the DEMs come from behind to win.

Funny how that happens

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
A reminder as the returns come in tonight - heavy DEM districts in VA always report last. There have been several elections where the REP was up 5% or so and then in the last hour of reporting the DEMs come from behind to win.

This is another problem with our system. This information should not be known by anybody while everything is being counted.

They should require every district to report their numbers, and then announce totals.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

This is another problem with our system. This information should not be known by anybody while everything is being counted.

They should require every district to report their numbers, and then announce totals.

They report late because it's harder to stuff the ballot box while the polls are still open

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I was listening to a Gillespie add in which he said that Virginia has had a net loss in population over the last few years. I can only hope that as a result of belt tightening by the Federal government most of those who left were from NOVA..

I sure hope so!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6315 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
good luck - I hope the right man wins

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
good luck - I hope the right man wins

Sure didn't happen last time .

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
what time do the polls close?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
7 pm EDT

just a general note, might be good to jump to the "ARISE" thread to keep things in one place for the next few hours.

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I believe polls close at 7. Not too much waiting before results start to come in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not looking good at all.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
Not looking good at all.

What makes you say that?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
Not looking good at all.

What makes you say that?

Ed's already down and the bluest parts of the state always report the latest. The last several state wide elections have been the Republican holding on to a few point lead all through the night up until like 70% report, then it vanishes and the democrat winds up winning.

Ed's already down 2 points.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post