SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia Governor election 7 Nov 2017 UPDATE: Virginia may need a coin toss to determine who won a local state House race
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia Governor election 7 Nov 2017 UPDATE: Virginia may need a coin toss to determine who won a local state House race Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
We are about 6 weeks away from the next Virginia Governor election.

The candidates are
Ed Gillespie (R)
Ralph Northam (D)

and once again we have a 3rd party candidate

and once again, Bloomberg is dumping big bucks to support the DEMs.

Through Everytown .. , Bloomberg dropped 700k on Northam and 300k on the DEM candidate for AG.

Polls are close for the Governor spot w the DEM in a small lead.

Let's try to turn Virginia around.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Posts: 19561 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
DEM in a small lead.

The new Virginia.... Frown

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
this 3rd candidate business in Oregon made considerable difference where our very own Gov. Brown won by about 1% point. The 3rd/4th/5th parties totaled around 7% IIRC.

Has anyone else noticed it seems to be the DNC candidates that typically benefit more from such 'inclusive' ballot rules?

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
^ All part of their plan.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
It's northern Virginia and inner-city Richmond that throws these elections to the democrats. Northern Virginia - Maryland and DC spill-overs that vote for the same kind of sacks of shit that screwed up their own states that made them leave.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Yep. Mad

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
DEM in a small lead.

The new Virginia.... Frown

Yeah, controlled by democraPs and carpet baggers!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
It's northern Virginia and inner-city Richmond that throws these elections to the democrats. Northern Virginia - Maryland and DC spill-overs that vote for the same kind of sacks of shit that screwed up their own states that made them leave.

(Shaking his head) Have you ever wondered what life is like in places like Nevada, Oregon, and increasingly Idaho and Central Texas? What you're talking about is the primary fact of political life there.

A bit OT, but a helpful hint: If you move out of a shitty state, leave ALL of the shit there!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping the Old Dominion can come to its senses. It is a wonderful state and would be even better if it ousted the damn dems.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
^^^

I don't think that would ever happen unless there was a major turnover in the overall population

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53164 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ You know, that raises an interesting point. One of the biggest stories in the newspapers after the '08 election was the explosive growth of the housing and office market in DC and NOVA. Everyone figured there was going to be a major expansion of the federal government, and every schemer in the country thought they'd milk the government out of either a paycheck or a subsidy, so all the rats drove the cost of housing and office space in DC through the roof.

Now that O's gone, we all hope to see the swamp drained and the nutria shot. If (when?) that happens, I wonder if all the rats will move out of NOVA and (once again) change the balance of power in Virginia politics?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
George Bernard Shaw said that "Any government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always expect the support of Paul." I'm just afraid we have too many Pauls that vote here now. I'm gonna do my part and vote for the repubs anyway.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:

IIRC Roanoke goes dem mostly,

and tidewater usually votes like NOVA

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I'm hoping the Old Dominion can come to its senses. It is a wonderful state and would be even better if it ousted the damn dems.

Unfortunately, the 3 northern counties, and Richmond are so far absorbed into the democraP party swamp that I can not envision it changing back. Remember McAwful? Fucking carpet bagger brought in specifically to turn VA blue.

And, sadly he is succeeding.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
and tidewater usually votes like NOVA

Tidewater it very conservative. Tons of military here. Republicans spend a fraction of their advertising dollars here. Democrats flood our channels with their propaganda. Go up to NOVA, and it's just the opposite.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

Unfortunately, the 3 northern counties, and Richmond are so far absorbed into the democraP party swamp that I can not envision it changing back.

Richmond. The city that perpetually voted for Joe Morrisey - the felon, the guy who knocked up a 17 year old girl, ethics violator, and disbarred attorney. Election after election they voted this democrat into office.

posted Hide Post
I have faith we will be able to do it. So many people are sick of what has happened to VA. It is all because of NOVA.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
keep in mind that Gillespie came within a razor edge of beating Mark Warner in 2014.

The 3rd party candidate Sarvis was the difference.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Posts: 19561 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

Unfortunately, the 3 northern counties, and Richmond are so far absorbed into the democraP party swamp that I can not envision it changing back.

Richmond. The city that perpetually voted for Joe Morrisey - the felon, the guy who knocked up a 17 year old girl, ethics violator, and disbarred attorney. Election after election they voted this democrat into office.

look at the district he is in,
that is why he was elected,

just like some other of our 'fearless leaders', they are kept in office by the district they 'lead'

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know the opposition is desperate , when they bring up the ENRON scandal or the clients that John Adams represented. Hopefully, most voters understand that just because you are defending an accused murderer doesn't mean that you are in favor of murder .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post