SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Liam Neeson Cancels 'Colbert' Plans After Racial Assault Comments
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Liam Neeson Cancels 'Colbert' Plans After Racial Assault Comments Login/Join 
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted
Uh oh... Roll Eyes

"Liam Neeson Cancels 'Colbert' Plans After Racial Assault Comments

iam Neeson has canceled his scheduled appearance on an upcoming episode of "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert," an individual with knowledge told TheWrap.

The cancellation comes after Neeson's interview with The Independent on Monday, where he said that many years back he prowled the streets with a weapon hoping to come across a "black b*stard" and seek revenge for his friend who had been raped.

Neeson was scheduled to appear on Friday's show, and Glenn Close, Oscar-nominated for her work in "The Wife," will now appear on Friday's broadcast.

Reps for Neeson did not immediately respond for comment.

On Tuesday, Lionsgate canceled a red carpet event for the premiere of Neeson's latest film, "Cold Pursuit." An individual familiar with the matter said at the time that holding the event would've been inappropriate under the circumstances.

Neeson appeared on "Good Morning America" on Tuesday to apologize and said that he's "not racist."

"I went out deliberately into black areas in this city looking to be set upon so I could unleash physical violence. And I did it for maybe four or five times until I caught myself on, and it really shocked me, this primal urge I had. It shocked me and it hurt me. I did seek help," Neeson said. "I'm not racist. This was nearly 40 years ago."

Neeson was asked about the film's themes of revenge during a junket interview when he revealed that he had a "primal urge" to seek revenge. He attributed his behavior in part to the tumultuous time during his upbringing in Northern Ireland where Protestants and Catholics were at war.

Lionsgate's "Cold Pursuit" opens Friday on over 2,500 screens."

Liam Neeson Cancels 'Colbert' Plans After Racial Assault Comments

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3923 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps Liam can make a movie about his experience, and call it 'Death Wish'?!

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Everyone says something crazy now and again. I don't think it's a big deal. Words do not hurt people.

I think we should just keep repeating that. It pisses snowflakes off.

Posts: 5134 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The troubling part about Neeson is hunting for just anybody for revenge.
I can understand if he was hunting the actual perp.
The troubling part for the media is that that person is black.
The real troubling part is the obvious media bios.

Posts: 22905 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

Neeson is a bloody hypocrite. He campaigns against gun rights in the US (and he's not even a citizen), yet makes MILLIONS off movies involving gunplay.

He's a leftist. If ANYBODY on the right had said the same thing, you know they would be going 24/7 with the 'media/public outrage.'

He deserves the crapstorm he stirred up.

Besides, he admitted to hunting down an innocent person for revenge. Who says he didn't find and assault someone? Should we take HIS word for it? It's not like it's hard to find some random black guy. I mean, he wasn't hunting unicorns. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I believe these actors start to believe that they're the people they are pretending to be.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15716 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

Neeson is a bloody hypocrite. He campaigns against gun rights in the US (and he's not even a citizen), yet makes MILLIONS off movies involving gunplay.

He's a leftist. If ANYBODY on the right had said the same thing, you know they would be going 24/7 with the 'media/public outrage.'

He deserves the crapstorm he stirred up.

Besides, he admitted to hunting down an innocent person for revenge. Who says he didn't find and assault someone? Should we take HIS word for it? It's not like it's hard to find some random black guy. I mean, he wasn't hunting unicorns. . .

I thought that he implied that he was hoping to be attacked so he could take his revenge out on a scumbag. Where did he say he was hunting an "innocent person"? This again is all just a bunch of overblown nonsense from the race hustlers in this country.

Neeson is a bloody hypocrite however.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Sometimes I believe these actors start to believe that they're the people they are pretending to be.

I think your on to something here.

I gave up on this douchebag the first time I saw him say guns are bad, even though he cashed his check for showing them off in his movie.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actors....they get fawned-over because they reveal their emotions and open their psyche, most are virtue signaling their supposed empathy and willingness to be open. Then every once in a while, one of them opens up too much and reveals a few things that perhaps are best left unsaid. Neeson did just that.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Hate lives on the Left

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
He was on a talk show the other day. He looks like a crazy old man.
Made me think of Howard Hughes ....
Completely of his rocker ....

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

This ^^^^^

For this reason I cannot watch another movie starring this joker.

Same with Matt Damon--which is particularly a shame, because we have all three original Bourne films on DVD or BD, and they used to be among my favourites. Now I cannot bring myself to enjoying them any more Frown.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
None are pure enough to escape the insatiable appetite of political correctness.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'd love for someone to go back into the video history of every talk host in the country to expose a racial or insensitive comment that would force them off the air.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

This ^^^^^

For this reason I cannot watch another movie starring this joker.

Same with Matt Damon--which is particularly a shame, because we have all three original Bourne films on DVD or BD, and they used to be among my favourites. Now I cannot bring myself to enjoying them any more Frown.

Danny Glover ... Roll Eyes

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He wants to live by the sword, let him die by it.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thank you for thinking the same thing I was! Him and Stallone, both dbags I wish would never speak again or appear in public.

Posts: 132 | Location: PA | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
He wanted to shoot a random Black man.... Hummm big anti gun mouth-piece.
Funny how that works with these assholes.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
He was on a talk show the other day. He looks like a crazy old man.
Made me think of Howard Hughes ....
Completely of his rocker ....

No, Howard would have "washed his Hands" at the likes of Liam.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:

He deserves the crapstorm he stirred up

I couldn't have said it better myself Hound Dog.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post