SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rodger Goodell's Contract Has Not Been Extended
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rodger Goodell's Contract Has Not Been Extended Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've seen both this article and a second one stating that Goodell's contract has been done for a couple weeks, just not announced yet.

Jerry Jones was trying to disrupt at the last minute. I'll dig around for the second article.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pertinent quote below:

"Goodell's deal will run to 2024 and, given the complexity of the contract and the amount of money at stake, both his representatives and the league are taking their time drawing up the documents, but the deal was agreed to Wednesday after a meeting of the NFL's Compensation Committee. Contrary to a report, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was not a factor in the process -- for better or worse -- and he was never on this committee or authorized to speak for other owners, who voted resoundingly back in the spring to empower the Competition Committee to finalize a deal with the commissioner without having to turn the matter back over to the full membership."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/...ad-no-role-in-talks/

The mess that the NFL is now, is 100% of their own making.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fuck the NFL, and I'm cool with that.

Yup. Now and forever.

Pour gas on it and keep lighting matches Rodger.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post