SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Three local LEOs down
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Three local LEOs down Login/Join 
Picture of Spieler
posted
This happened about 5 miles from where I live. Early reports say this was a warrant service.

CBS46

2 Henry County deputies, 1 Locust Grove PD officer shot in Locust Grove
Posted: Feb 09, 2018 12:20 PM EST Updated: Feb 09, 2018 1:50 PM EST

By WGCL Digital Team

LOCUST GROVE, GA (CBS46) -
Authorities are investigating after three law enforcement officers were shot on Friday afternoon.

According to officials, one Locust Grove PD officer and two Henry County deputies were shot in a neighborhood just off of LG Griffin Road in Locust Grove, near St. Augustine Parkway.

At least one officer was taken to the Atlanta Medical Center.

The Henry County Police Dept. is assisting the Locust Grove Police Dept. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has been notified and is en route to the scene.

We have a crew on the way and will update as more information is made available.

Copyright 2018 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Posts: 2433 | Location: ATL South OTP | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad sad news.

Posts: 1177 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spieler
posted Hide Post
The Locust Grove PD Officer has died, one deputy is critical and the other in fair condition.

Posts: 2433 | Location: ATL South OTP | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Damn

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11268 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we had a Richardson officer killed in the line of duty the other night. And last night, a perp tried to run over a Ft Worth officer after a routine traffic stop. Dangerous job out there.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16658 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
More really bad news!

Anyone have any idea about the motivations of the shooters in all these incidents?

Gang/drug related or just a bunch of assholes trying to show their main squeeze just how tough they are.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25641 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate to suggest it, for fear it would be overused, but maybe the shooters should get the patented "Bonnie-and-Clyde" colander treatment every once in a while. Maybe other would-be shooters would decide to just accept the warrant and let everyone go home alive that day.

Once the car looks like a cheese grater, you can leave it on blocks in front of the station house, as kind of a hint.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
sad news and I will add this,that area has attracted some not to good people the last few years.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:
I hate to suggest it, for fear it would be overused, but maybe the shooters should get the patented "Bonnie-and-Clyde" colander treatment every once in a while. Maybe other would-be shooters would decide to just accept the warrant and let everyone go home alive that day.

Once the car looks like a cheese grater, you can leave it on blocks in front of the station house, as kind of a hint.

I was talking to some of the old timers here and they tell me that's how they did things back in the day.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the officers' families.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spieler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
sad news and I will add this,that area has attracted some not to good people the last few years.

Quite right. It was a small and sleepy town when we moved here many years ago. The bad elements from Clayco and ATL have made their way south.

Picture of Spieler
posted Hide Post
RIP Officer Chase Maddox, age 26, 5 years on the force. He leaves behind a pregnant wife and a toddler son. Mad Frown

posted Hide Post
Any info on the shooter? (other than he was killed)

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
RIP, brother.
13 LODDs for 2018-9 by gunfire.

Posts: 590 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
RIP Frown

Posts: 13676 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spieler
posted Hide Post
AJC

Officer, 26, killed in Henry County shooting; suspect identified

Lauren Foreman and
Raisa Habersham
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Updated9:14 p.m Friday, Feb. 9, 2018 Filed in Crime

Locust Grove police officer Chase Maddox, 26, was shot and killed and Henry County sheriff’s deputies Michael D. Corley and Ralph Sidwell “Sid” Callaway were wounded while serving an arrest warrant to Tierre Guthrie on Friday at a home on St. Francis Court, authorities said.

Guthrie was shot and killed.

The arrest warrant was for failure to appear on a traffic violation, the GBI confirmed.

The GBI is investigating the shooting, which occurred at the Hawthorne at Linden Park subdivision in Locust Grove.

After talking with Guthrie for about 10 minutes, deputies realized they would be making an arrest and would have difficulty placing him in custody, Henry County Sheriff Keith McBrayer said.

He did not specify what Guthrie did that made deputies decide to arrest him instead of just serving the warrant.

“They notified radio and a Locust Grove city police officer came to be a backup for them,” he said. “(Maddox) was there three minutes after that.”

As they tried to make an arrest, there was an altercation inside the home, McBrayer said. That’s when the officers and Guthrie were shot. He did not specify who shot whom and how many shots were fired.

Stay with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution for live updates.

An unfortunate, if not totally unexpected twist is that cries of racism have come from the subject's family on social media already. The subject was a black male and the three officers were white.

The widow of the slain officer also went into labor today. Turns out she works for the same company I do here in ATL.

posted Hide Post
Terrible news, sad for the families. Prayers for the officers and families.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post