SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shuttles from Port of Tampa Bay to airport?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shuttles from Port of Tampa Bay to airport? Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
My wife and I are taking our first cruise in a few weeks, sailing out of and returning to Tampa Bay. We have a free shuttle to the port from our hotel, but I'm wondering about getting a ride from the port to the airport. I don't want to book a shuttle, because I don't know exactly what time we'll be getting off the boat etc. Will there be any types of shuttles waiting at the port, for people without reservations? Or taxis waiting?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Supershuttle runs there

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
When are you arriving (date and time)? I might be able to pick you and and take you to your hotel and then back to the airport after your cruise.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
The airport is only 15 - 20 minutes ride from the port.

Transport options

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1736 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rotndad:
When are you arriving (date and time)? I might be able to pick you and and take you to your hotel and then back to the airport after your cruise.

That's very nice of you to offer, but we're kind of playing it by ear. We have several hours to kill between when the boat returns and our flight leaves, so we might spend some time walking around the aquarium etc, which is why we don't want to book a specific time on a shuttle. We just kind of want to see what the day brings. Again, thanks for the offer - that's very generous of you.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
mrw - Thanks for the links

ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Uber. Or Lyft.

A couple of years ago I went on a cruise, but had an event to attend in St. Pete the day after the ship arrived in port. I had a rental car arranged at the airport, so the challenge was getting from the port to the airport.

There was a shuttle bus for that purpose at the dock, and all I had to do was sign up for it.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock or Something
Picture of Marc in FL
posted Hide Post
Supershuttle does run from the port to the airport. Normally, they are very efficient but, when I used them a few years ago from the port, we had to wade through the masses waiting to be picked up at the same time. Without a last minute reservation, the wait time may be even longer. I would suggest Uber or Lyft for last minute options.

Posts: 1131 | Location: Tampa Bay Area | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
What are the arrangements for your baggage? I've been on cruises where the cruise line transported them directly to the airport and others where we had to pick them up when we got off the ship. It would really suck to have a few hours to kill and have to drag your baggage along with you.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would call an Uber for a ride from the port to the airport. There are a ton operating in the downtown area and the airport is only 15 minutes away in non-rush hour traffic. Just make sure there isn't a Lightning game when you are planning on leaving - the Forum is right next door and the resulting traffic will slow things down (although Uber will be dropping many people off at the Forum, so they will be plentiful).

Posts: 987 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post