SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone ever ride the Concorde?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone ever ride the Concorde? Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Obviously I'm jaded, having no real idea how many times I have cross the sound barrier (hundreds likely) - but in modern aircraft all you see is the number go up through .99 to 1.0 with no physical sensation - other than the world is going by pretty fast (altitude dependent) and your turn circle is HUGE...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
Probably THE most beautiful jet aircraft ever built - sublime to see in its own environment, against the navy blue of space...

I live not far from the IWM at Duxford, where one of the calibration prototypes is housed. The thing is literally packed from end to end with telemetry and electronic wizardy. The docent, a former flight engineer on that actual aircraft, tells us how far we've travelled, electronically speaking, by hold a compact modern lap-top that has 95% of ALL that stuff on it.
tac

Agreed, probably the most beautiful commercial Jet aircraft, along with the 747 (2nd place for me).

quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
quote:
Originally posted by aileron:
Check out Boom
https://boomsupersonic.com/

Well...how about that? Looks like supersonic travel is back on the bucket list, although I must admit I would wait until it had a few flights under its belt before considering booking a flight.

Agreed, give them some flight time to work out the quirks & then sign me up!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15302 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember Howard Stern bitching and moaning about the very tight quarters,
I am not sure but I think he got a free ride on it ( for some reason) and he whined about it for three weeks on his show, ( pre sat radio)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54624 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
My dad flew on it a few times. I remember all the swag he would bring back, pens, pads, etc.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
My boss and his partner flew on the last flight from Paris to NYC.

I saw them at JFK several times and was surprised how small they looked.

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I remember Howard Stern bitching and moaning about the very tight quarters,
I am not sure but I think he got a free ride on it ( for some reason) and he whined about it for three weeks on his show, ( pre sat radio)

Bitching about flight privilege, huh.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post