SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hey, look at me...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey, look at me... Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
In his other video, it looks like he always had something to put his feet on to help climb back up, but not so with this last one. Could be the major miscalculation that did him in....if you don't count climbing over the railing in the first place.

I had the same thought. He didn't seem to be able to deal without the foothold.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Tac,

Can you shorten the title of your thread? While pithy, it’s really messing with the layout on my iPhone.

Wink.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Yongning must be a popular name for daredevils.

Either that or the same guy died twice.

Wang Yongning/Wu Yong Ning Last Moment Before Fell To His Death

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
^^^I don't believe that's the same structure.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
^^^Shouldn't have done those pull-ups at the beginning....

The least they could do is have someone close by out of sight of the camera.

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:
Hey Tac,

Can you shorten the title of your thread? While pithy, it’s really messing with the layout on my iPhone.

Wink.

My Android too. Tac probably didn't need the extra 34 "e's". Didn't count the periods............. Wink

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4929 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I'm so confused.

How is it that these guys can't do more than a couple pull ups and no muscle ups at all? Isn't that something you'd be sure you were capable of before you tried doing this shit really high up in the air?

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Wu fell about 45 feet onto a terrace and died of fatal injuries either during or shortly after the accident.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
That may explain his expression as he let go -- he thought he could survive the fall to the terrace.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
I'm so confused.

How is it that these guys can't do more than a couple pull ups and no muscle ups at all? Isn't that something you'd be sure you were capable of before you tried doing this shit really high up in the air?

I'm sure he can...but holding on to the ledge of a building wearing gloves is a whole different ballgame than pulling on a bar. CG is off, friction is low etc. My guess is that he didn't have enough traction with the gloves so exerting more force (enough to kick the leg high and get up) would peel him off. There also seemed to be an edit. We also don't know how much he exerted himself before this shot. Maybe this was the last one of the day, he was taxed, but it looked easy?

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:

Damn Fake News!

The headline says plunges to death from well-known skyscraper"

The 2nd paragraph says "fell from the top of the 62-story Huayuan Hua Centre"

Then in the 3rd paragraph we find out Wu fell about 45 feet onto a terrace

Only a 45-foot plunge and no splat.

What a way to disappoint readers. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
If he landed in the water would he have been Wang Chum?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by orion5:
Where was the guy holding his beer?

o5

拿著我的啤酒看這個

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post