SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you like true track cars made for the road?? 1 of 27 made for the road!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you like true track cars made for the road?? 1 of 27 made for the road!!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
This fella used to be local to me. I do miss seeing him around town. The Jag is one of many in his amazing collection.

Fervent Feline

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
I watched that video last week, and was completely drawn in by the car, the sounds, and the owners pure passion.

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing that. Amazing car and love his passion.

I'd love to see what else is in that garage. He said he was in Asheville. He was driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway...wonder how many tickets he's gotten. Speed limit it 50. Big Grin

Posts: 12918 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I want to be in this guy's garage:

https://youtu.be/BWHUjW7LmIs

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:

I'd love to see what else is in that garage. He said he was in Asheville. He was driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway...wonder how many tickets he's gotten. Speed limit it 50. Big Grin

He is in Nashville not Asheville.

He has an Instagram account that is quite enjoyable.
https://www.instagram.com/jasdhillon67/?hl=en

He owned likely the most famous Ferrari F50 in the world, that would be the one the FBI wrecked.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/j...0000-ferrari-f50/amp

There was no wrong doing by him he bought it legitimately it had been stolen prior to him purchasing it.

Years ago he let a mutual friend drive his GT3 RS (pretty sure that is the proper designation)and we have a Road here that is a perfect 1.2 mile Circle and that Person was taking some luxuries that one could only take in a GT3 RS. I got a call in the middle of the night asking for some help with a ticket. I said sorry not a chance just be glad you aren’t off to jail and by the way let me know before hand when you are in town so I can come check out the garage too.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this. Really enjoyed this and a number of other videos from this account. The TR3A one was short but brought back fond memories as I owned a '58 with the 120.5 cu in engine bored out to 150 and the SUs replaced with Weber sidedrafts. That little bugger would fly. lol. Drove it in the winter sometimes with the top down using the tonneau cover which extended from the dash back and covered the passenger side so the heaters output stayed in the cockpit. Hand cranking it to start used to freak our my neighbors too. hahahahaha

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:

Nashville, he was driving the Trace. It is about 1/2 miles from my house and less than 1/4 mile from the property where we are build our house

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Beautiful car.

My goal is to have a Backdraft Cobra car one day. Raw, loud, fast no frills driving. Nothing like this Jag, but as close as I will get.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Awesome video. I remember seeing Jas post on the 6Speed Porsche forum many years ago as he was adding to his car collection. Always seemed like a genuinely good guy.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
What a spectacular car!
Can't say anything more. Cool

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post