SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rainbow trout gift
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rainbow trout gift Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Buddy around the corner caught these yesterday a couple miles south of our homes. Dropped off what must be at least 3 pounds of filets for me this morning. Gonna be some great eatin'! Big Grin

We joke that if the grocery stores close we would be okay with the wildlife here. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
If those showed up at my house, they'd be on the Weber kettle in minutes. They look very yummy. Enjoy!

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
That’s some fine eatin’ right there.
Just a little corn bread and yum!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree......trout also smokes very well too.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
You’re a lucky fella! Enjoy.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Absolutely excellent. Enjoy. Do not over cook.
Over an open fire is best Wink

A buddy indeed.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I cheat and use Paul Prudhomme's Redfish Blackening on mine. Easy and tasty. Those are great eatin' size.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
With a blacked out CV-19 facemask, how do you know that was your buddy? Smile

Oh and pan fried trout with a crust of spicey corn meal is/was the way to go.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crawdads ? Or worms?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
That's some great eating! Enjoy!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Ooooh, time to fire up the grill.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Sorry. I though this was another one of those 'what to get my ____' posts. I'm not sure what to get a rainbow trout...maybe salt & pepper?

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6727 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
spicey corn meal

So that's a thing? Or is it a fish fry?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was lucky enough last week, my B-I-L dropped off some Bullhead. He caught 79 in one afternoon!!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Wow. That’s quite a treat!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Crawdads ? Or worms?

All he told me is that he used an ultra-light setup and those fish were fighting fools even jumping out of the strong current water. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
Wow. That’s quite a treat!

Yup! Smile

Used this technique successfully to de-bone the trout: https://youtu.be/fdrI_e7krtI

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
Man. Not many things better than fried trout that was alive a few hours earlier. That’s a Nice friend.

Posts: 4765 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Crawdads ? Or worms?

All he told me is that he used an ultra-light setup and those fish were fighting fools even jumping out of the strong current water. Smile

If the moving water was Rapid Creek, the fisherman must have had his lawyer with him to interpret the myriad of regulations, catch and release, flies only, barbless hooks, etc. with different stretches of the creek! Razz
Nice catch, great gift, fantastic eating!

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of one of my favorite books:

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post