SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good places to eat in Paducah, Kentucky?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good places to eat in Paducah, Kentucky? Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted
Hey all-

It's never too early to start plotting dinners for MOAC Smile

Any good steakhouses, in the area?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my experience, good dining in Paducah is VERY limited. Hopefully this has improved in the last 10 years.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kg5388
posted Hide Post
Been a few years but parkers drive in had the best Rueben around. It was so big we would get one and split it.

Posts: 1846 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11158 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
Doe's Eat Place is probably the top steakhouse in town. Very good. Price is high but not astronomical.

Lots of people here like Max's, never really turned me on.

Italian Grill is very good and makes their pasta all day. Reservations required.

Almost every time I go out, I choose Jasmine, just because they serve things I can't make at home, and they make them damn good. I can make a kickass steak on my cast-iron, but I can't make sushi or Salmon steak or tuna steak like Jasmine. I've been there many times and have never been let down. Atmosphere is good too.

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Drive East to Grand Rivers, Ky to Patti's Homestead for the porkchops. Outstanding.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
They'll be easy to spot. Just look for a dim glow.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31428 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Local fare, Starnes BBQ, been around for decades, old Paduacah place, laminate counter tops, bbq pork sandwich on toasted white bread and wrapped in wax paper, the sauce is vinegar based and has a lot of pepper, it's got some kick.

I still have a friend from college that grew up there send me bottles of the sauce. Used to be an old steak house called Stacy's that was uppity for the area, not sure it's there any more, and the Twinkling Star bar was a good scene, outdoor patio, bands, etc but that was long ago, Starnes might be the only survivor of that trio...

https://www.facebook.com/Starn...B-Q-118036078222073/

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Starnes is a winner! I like my BBQ with vinegar. Hard to find, out West.

Thanks, everyone.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post