SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Test for how good you are on recognizing faces
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Test for how good you are on recognizing faces Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
12/14

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1524 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
10/14

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
11/14, but I worked at it, and I usually made note of the hairstyle/growth pattern and sideburns, which might be kind of cheating.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
12/14

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 251 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
12/14

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
Something is fishy with that test. I took it three times and got 0/14. My wife took it and got 10/14. We then took it side by side making sure to match exactly and I got 0/14 and she got 10/14. What gives?

Posts: 321 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Something is fishy with that test. I took it three times and got 0/14. My wife took it and got 10/14. We then took it side by side making sure to match exactly and I got 0/14 and she got 10/14. What gives?

With your score and recognition skills are you sure that is your wife?

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL

With your score and recognition skills are you sure that is your wife?

It feels like her, lol!!

Posts: 321 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Killer:

That's what I was trying to get across. I'm horrible w/ names, but excellent w/ faces and scored 0/14. The very first two I figured were warm ups because they were so obvious but I got 0/14.

IMO it's broken.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
It's clickbait.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Based on psych courses and experiments from my undergrad days, I wouldn't be surprised if the test has nothing to do with facial recognition. It may instead be designed to understand how many will try x # times from the same IP addy or how many are willing to take a longer test, knowing the actual distribution of the skill, to determine random people's desire to prove something about what they believe is an inate trait/skill.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Based on psych courses and experiments from my undergrad days, I wouldn't be surprised if the test has nothing to do with facial recognition. It may instead be designed to understand how many will try x # times from the same IP addy or how many are willing to take a longer test, knowing the actual distribution of the skill, to determine random people's desire to prove something about what they believe is an inate trait/skill.

Well Hell. I went back to test it 3 times because of my 0/14 score. Some of them are so obvious.
I'll add, I went back to the first few to see if they were random.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe you have to clear your browser cache. Who knows. It is beyond my pay grade.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
It's clickbait.

There's no new ads that show during the test.

Clickbait is designed to cause you to click through to multiple new pages, loading new ads each time, to increase their ad revenue.

Not every slideshow-style presentation is automatically clickbait.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
8/14.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB3
posted Hide Post
12/14

Blaming the crime on the gun, is like blaming a bad story on the pencil.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Saint Charles Missouri | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
7/14. Won't be applying to the Met any time soon.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nothing can be Something
Picture of greybeard9
posted Hide Post
0/14. I don't think I would be a good witness for a police lineup.

"In the age of madness, to expect to be untouched by madness is a form of madness." - Saul Bellow

Posts: 1063 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
10/14 - and I thought I'd be much worse. Average

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
8/14

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post