SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Boston Dynamics' terrifying robots can now run, jump and climb
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boston Dynamics' terrifying robots can now run, jump and climb Login/Join 
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
SkyNet becomes self aware...

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
As I said before, we're gonna have to learn how to kill these sumbitches. You may need a .50 cal after all.

Also, I wonder how these demonic machines would fare against a pickup truck at 60 mph.

I may have to upgrade my carry pistol.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
Meh.

I’ve got a 10 MM and plenty of ammo. I’ll just have the wife reload mags as necessary.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Where do you shoot a bot? They don't have a brain or a heart, or a spinal cord. Depending on how sophisticated they are, they might not even have a motherboard. Operating systems might be duplicative, or designed to create backups as needed.

I'd go with a flamethrower. Intense heat screws up everything.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Holy smokes SIG4EVA, that's the biggest gun I've ever seen. That thing shoot 120mm rounds like an Abrams?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
We'll program that K9 bot to get the man bot by the ass and all will be good.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Wow, that picture is bigger than a 500 S&W!

What makes them “terrifying” and “nightmare inducing?”

Posts: 13239 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Wow, that picture is bigger than a 500 S&W!

What makes them “terrifying” and “nightmare inducing?”

Just load em up with TNT, and with a good remote detonator you have a kamakazi robot attack! Banzai!! Hopefully this technology will be used against our enemies...and not US!

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weld BIG & wide metal bars to the front; or a bull bar will do. For shooting these future overlords I’ll go with 12g slugs.

Posts: 1753 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
And people asked why did you buy a 416 Rigby.....400gr at 2500fps

bots be scared

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Holy smokes SIG4EVA, that's the biggest gun I've ever seen. That thing shoot 120mm rounds like an Abrams?
Nothing that big. I have one (with the short barrel) and it's not as bad to shoot as one might expect, especially with the lighter loads.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
How about descending stairs? Big Grin
(@ 1:40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLQiskRb02o

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What y'all will need is a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post