SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Deja Vu? Problems with Burger King Order Leads To Brawl At Arundel Mills Mall
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deja Vu? Problems with Burger King Order Leads To Brawl At Arundel Mills Mall Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
Uh... tennis shoe sales?

Not quite. You may have your sports mixed up a bit.

I fixed it for you. The general term "tennis shoe" predates all of the specialty versions. And shoe brawls. Yes, I've been on this planet for over half a century. Wink

Understood! I was wondering if I had missed the epic Agassi-Federer shoe brawls at the US Open... Wink

Big Grin

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
"Rashdee and Nykeisha." Good ol' Mayberry RFD names.
I noticed that, too. I think it totally explains it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
It's been years since I even walked into the mall part there. Been in Bass Pro a few times in the last few years but that's as far as I've gone.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Let's all meet the two innocent individuals involved, shall we:

Rashdee Mumuni is on the right and Nykeisha Jones is on the left.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
"Rashdee and Nykeisha." Good ol' Mayberry RFD names.

But certainly not 'Mayflower' names...

tac

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was recently at a Chick-Fil-A in Vallejo. As I'm ordering, there's this couple off to the side, berating a manager/supervisor, that her breakfast burrito had eggs in it, when they explicitly requested no eggs, extra cheese. Aside from the 'WTF are you ordering that here?' kind of thought, she explained she was allergic to eggs and couldn't have the eggs but, one of y'all put eggs in my burrito, I don't appreciate that and I should get a free meal. The manger/superv apologized and said we'll make you a new one. Nope, not good enough, 'ALL THIS SHOULD BE FREE' as their voices increased.

I got my order and walked out. I hope the employees in back were wiping their asses with that burrito before wrapping it up.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MG34_Dan:

I'm surprised--I had envisioned them in the opposite order.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I was in there once, it was like Camden, indoors...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:

Yes, I've been on this planet for over half a century.

We call you "Half Cent". Big Grin

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
The problem is that this behavior has no meaningful consequences. A little jail time means nothing to these two. People like this start a brawl over nothing just for recreation. It's fun, plus you get to act like you're all tough and shit.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2082 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Stop!!!!

You are displaying micro aggressions and not being culturally sensitive. All that criticize here are displaying "White Privelege." I need to go to my cry closet now.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The fact that a Burger King needs a security guard would be a huge red flag for me. I don’t eat there, but if I was prone to doing so, I would have moved on upon seeing one.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15572 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
They look so very remorseful.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by MG34_Dan:

I'm surprised--I had envisioned them in the opposite order.

flashguy

A comment from another thread, "correlation does not equal causation". Just because two things often appear or happen together does not mean one causes the other. (Sidenote, if two things often appear together, maybe both share the same root cause. And not being able to link correlation and causation is not proof there is no connection). But there is another quip, "if it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck".

Probably everyone on this forum had 99+% confidence re what the perps pic would look like before the opened the thread. So is this confusing correlation with causation, or is this a duck? A former coworker, who married an African American, once stated "stereotypes often exist for good reason".

Seems to me there are some very discernable cultural propensities. Rather than address such, liberals either ignore, deny, refute, defend, explain away such behavior, or blame the wrong cause. The more we do this, due to political correctness, the worse things will get.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post